Old 13-04-2006, 04:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JMJ

Default What is a good dethatcher to buy?

What brand is a good dethatcher to buy?

Old 13-04-2006, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Nicole wrote:
Hire someone to do it. When we had it done, it took them hours to do it...
only costs about 100$. Bermuda grass that had several inches of thatch
"JMJ" wrote in message
What brand is a good dethatcher to buy?

Anothe alternative is to rent one for a half day for about $60. Given
that you only need to do this occasionally, if at all, depending on the
grass and conditions, I think that makes more sense than buying one.
No maintenance headaches or need to find a place to store it, etc

Old 14-04-2006, 05:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JMJ

The reason I want to buy one as we have been dethatching occasionally
commercially and have not purchased one yet as we have been renting one and
doing several yards at a time in order to make it pay. We have enough
customers that request this so we are looking an buying one instead of
renting.

Old 14-04-2006, 10:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Artemis

Buy whatever brand your rental store is renting. That pretty much
guarantees it will hold up to commercial use. Likely to also have local
parts and support.

--
Art
Old 15-04-2006, 07:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:46:28 -0500, JMJ wrote:

What brand is a good dethatcher to buy?

I really like the BlueBird brand the most. I rent thatchers 2 to 4 times
a year and have used a few different ones. The BlueBirds have an easy
ground adjustment and the honda motors run real nice.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/