Old 02-05-2006, 08:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Spike

Default What would you folks do.........

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop a supervandal?

I've called the police i've writen to them they don't care. You can see the
letters on the site.

This whole mess started when i put up a security lite.

The vandal got upset so i got a infared camera, oh he's easy to tape just
it's impossible to get him to stop.

I'm thinking maybe start up the vandal cam so everyone can see him live.

Listen and see for yourselves.
11 audio waves
several quicktime movies
I'm uploading his latest work to night.

http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

Old 02-05-2006, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
sally

Spike wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop a supervandal?

I've called the police i've writen to them they don't care. You can see the
letters on the site.

This whole mess started when i put up a security lite.

The vandal got upset so i got a infared camera, oh he's easy to tape just
it's impossible to get him to stop.

I'm thinking maybe start up the vandal cam so everyone can see him live.

Listen and see for yourselves.
11 audio waves
several quicktime movies
I'm uploading his latest work to night.

http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

Why did you move to the country and bring the lights of the city with you?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

On Tue, 2 May 2006 15:00:17 -0400, "Spike"
wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop a supervandal?

I've called the police i've writen to them they don't care. You can see the
letters on the site.

This whole mess started when i put up a security lite.

The vandal got upset so i got a infared camera, oh he's easy to tape just
it's impossible to get him to stop.

I'm thinking maybe start up the vandal cam so everyone can see him live.

Listen and see for yourselves.
11 audio waves
several quicktime movies
I'm uploading his latest work to night.

http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

me? I would document everything, pay for professional services, and
then sue your neighbor for the cost. Then sue for harashment, and
quality of life decline. I would make each it's own case in small
claims court. Odds are he will not show, or you will win over the
judge with the evidence.

After you have won enough, place leans against is property, then when
allowed, moved to have him evicted.

Just what I would do, but then I'm not a lawyer, and I have ok to
great neighbors.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Old 03-05-2006, 02:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Merle O'Broham

sally wrote:
Spike wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop a supervandal?

I've called the police i've writen to them they don't care. You can see the
letters on the site.

This whole mess started when i put up a security lite.

The vandal got upset so i got a infared camera, oh he's easy to tape just
it's impossible to get him to stop.

I'm thinking maybe start up the vandal cam so everyone can see him live.

Listen and see for yourselves.
11 audio waves
several quicktime movies
I'm uploading his latest work to night.

http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

Why did you move to the country and bring the lights of the city with you?

i.e. why did she wear that revealing dress?
1. think
2. post

Old 03-05-2006, 02:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Merle O'Broham

To second the great Tom, I think you're doing the right thing with the
camera and documentation. Other people might opt to hire a "private
security guard" to watch at night, who needs to "defend himself"
against a trespasser with anything necessary. It's your property and
you can put up lights as long as it's within reason (see your local
statutes) or chop down as many trees as you like.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
paddy

Merle O'Broham wrote:
To second the great Tom, I think you're doing the right thing with the
camera and documentation. Other people might opt to hire a "private
security guard" to watch at night, who needs to "defend himself"
against a trespasser with anything necessary. It's your property and
you can put up lights as long as it's within reason (see your local
statutes) or chop down as many trees as you like.

This is one of things we most dread in the country.
Some City folk decide to live the good life, in the country. But they
bring a very bright security light(s)that glow like mini suns for miles
around.
We have to resort to blinds and drapes to shield our bedrooms enough to
sleep.
There is no longer any night sky, stars etc to appreciate because of
City Guy's need for a giant night light. They don't deter criminals.
Country folks have always used dogs, our pets. They keep varmints like
raccoons etc at bay and no stranger gets in our yards. Your night light
won't keep critters from getting in your garbage cans that you leave
unsecured.
If anything they might draw criminals because they might think you have
something very valuable that requires bright lights and guard towers.
It invades our property and our peacefulness but somehow we are the bad
guys if we say anything about it.
Whoever is disabling your light should talk to you, as neighbors, about
it, not vandalize it.
However, it has been our experience, that a lot, of the City Folks
,don't have any desire to know their neighbors or consider their right
to privacy of the dark. It's the same attitudes as in Lauderdale, etc.
Walled off compounds, in their case, because they contemptuous of every
one else.
If you come to our neighborhood be a neighbor leave the mini suns in the
city.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

"Merle O'Broham" wrote in message
oups.com...

sally wrote:
Spike wrote:

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop a supervandal?

I've called the police i've writen to them they don't care. You can

see the
letters on the site.

This whole mess started when i put up a security lite.

The vandal got upset so i got a infared camera, oh he's easy to tape

just
it's impossible to get him to stop.

I'm thinking maybe start up the vandal cam so everyone can see him

live.

Listen and see for yourselves.
11 audio waves
several quicktime movies
I'm uploading his latest work to night.

http://thevandalnextdoordeaththreats...asar-intl.com/

maybe do back to him exactly what he does to you. If he spits at you hoick
up a good spit ball and land one back on him. If he throws a rock at you
throw it back at him. If he swears at you wear back at him. If an egg comes
in to your garden throw it back. If you car tyres get let down let his down.
Rather than simply waling away, do back as he acts. Don't provoke anything
yourself but match any action from him with an equal reaction.

rob

Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Merle O'Broham

paddy wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
[...]

I understand all your points about wanting to keep intact the essence
of country living. However, you're making dramatic generalizations
about City Guy- even depersonalizing with the name itself. The OP has
a serious issue regarding home defense, and the first response *blames
the victim*. "Our neighborhood"? "Mini suns" Wow. Interesting.
Depressed neighbor man could have asked the OP to turn down/turn away
the light, like a human, no?

Old 04-05-2006, 12:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Merle O'Broham wrote:
paddy wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
[...]

This isn't the first thread this "victim" has started about this
alleged problem. Go take a look at the website link he profided and
the videos he posted that he claims prove his case. I took a look at a
couple of them and they show absolutely nothing. That plus the
ramblings lead me to believe he does have a problem, but it's not the
neighbor!

Old 04-05-2006, 02:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Merle O'Broham

wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
paddy wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
[...]

OK. I understand. I didn't know that the credibility of the OP was an
issue. Sure that makes a big difference. I thought the issure was a
person's right to install a security light. Seems the 1st response
questioned that.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Merle O'Broham

Merle O'Broham wrote:
wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
paddy wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
[...]

And I just wanted to be clear that the neighbor is walking on thin ice.
He's basically taking his life in his hands by sneaking up at night
like that. Might eat off the open end of a 12 guage.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merle O'Broham
Merle O'Broham wrote:
wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
paddy wrote:
Merle O'Broham wrote:
[...]

=======

I don't think anyone likes to put up a security light. In this case it's a motion detector security light that only goes on when some is doing something at night from approximately the side porch to the garage. Also when you consider that $3500 in damages to your car and continuing vandalisms a motion detector security light is a minimal security measure to try to avoid further vandalisms.

Subsequently the neighbor has conditions of release and continually violates them doing more threats, more damage and no one cares to press charges for violation of conditions. I find that odd.

Further there appears to be an element of prejudice "Nazi boy" "Jew Boy" etc.

It's stated that the problems appeared to have started as a result of the neighbor selling drugs to kids in the neighbor. Retaliation?

I'm still trying to figure out what that pipe is coming out of the house and why the neighbor wouldn't want him to put a fence up down that driveway to assure both privacy and a break from each other.

Just my two cents :-)
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tim

I believe I would have to be Cro-Magnon and kick his ass. Sounds like
the police aren't going to come out and help you, so help yourself. Not
the best way to handle it, but don't cower to bullies, I have always
heard.

Either that or you can get an attorney and sue him. Either way, you and
he are going to have to come to terms, and sometimes it ain't pretty.