Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
LUSTER43

Default mole

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

Old 08-05-2006, 01:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

On Mon, 8 May 2006 13:08:32 +0200, "LUSTER43"
wrote:

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

IMHO:

You will have to discourage him from being in your yard.

1. Remove his food supply. Odds are you have a good supply of grubs
compared to your neighbors. I've used milkyspore, and besides not
having a dead lawn, the moves have moved away. Most of the time.

2. Remove the mole's desire to futher by smashing in his head. If
you see him, use a shovel, but HD sells mole traps.

I'm not for option 2, since 1 worked for me.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Old 08-05-2006, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mel M Kelly

A good clean sharp harpoon trap.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Old 08-05-2006, 03:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank

LUSTER43 wrote:
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

pour bleach into the hole. then pour ammomia into the hole. do not
inhale this toxic mixture. this will create clorine gas which is
heavier than air and will sink into the hole and kill the varmints in
the ground never to be seen again.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

gemplers.com has poison nightcrawlers that you put in tunnels.. works
pretty well. lucas

Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

On Mon, 8 May 2006 10:55:45 -0400, wrote:

gemplers.com has poison nightcrawlers that you put in tunnels.. works
pretty well. lucas

Crud! I went looking for these poison NighCrawlers, but didn't see
them. Are they fake nightcrawlers like for fishing, loaded with
posion, or real ones?

Just curious...

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

"LUSTER43" wrote in message
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say that
dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around mole
tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe
predators are present.

Note: I have never tried this, but it sounded interesting.

MaryL

Old 09-05-2006, 04:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:59:04 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"LUSTER43" wrote in message
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say that
dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around mole
tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe
predators are present.

Now if I don't have money for the real stuff... can I just load up
with beer and go around filling up the holes myself?

Someone ****es on me, I might get the hint to leave.

tom

Old 09-05-2006, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

MaryL wrote:
"LUSTER43" wrote in message
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say that
dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around mole
tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe
predators are present.

Note: I have never tried this, but it sounded interesting.

It's just another thing for rich yuppies to spend money on. It is
expensive and certainly won't last after a rain.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly

Stubby said:

MaryL wrote:
"LUSTER43" wrote in message
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say that
dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around mole
tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe
predators are present.

Note: I have never tried this, but it sounded interesting.

It's just another thing for rich yuppies to spend money on.

Actually, it's one of the most effective ways that there is, to keep garden
pests (deer, rabbits, etc.) out of gardens,. Many studies have shown that.
Odor-based repellents that act upon fear are the ones that get the best
results.

For whitetail deer, studies have shown that bobcat urine is significantly
more effective than coyote urine. Someone farther up in the thread joked
about providing the repellant themselves. Actually, studies have shown that
to be also effective, but much less so than coyote.

Coyote urine comes in both a liquid and a dried form (humans can't smell
it, even the liquid).

It is expensive

How so? One doesn't need to treat the entire lawn, only the areas around
the beds with the plants that are a food source for the pest. A 16oz
container of the dried runs about $15, and a gallon [also comes in 8oz at
about $20) goes for about $115. Considering a little goes a long way, and
it's more effective than probably any other repellant, how is it expensive?
I suppose it all depends on how much you'd like to keep your garden beds
looking as you planned them, when you set out the plants/seeds.

and certainly won't last after a rain.

There are dispensers that shelter the product from just such an occurance.

--
Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Old 11-05-2006, 10:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"LUSTER43" wrote in message
Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

By coincidence, I heard someone on a radio call-in show yesterday say
that dried coyote urine (available commercially) can be scattered around
mole tunnels. Supposedly, they will leave the area because they believe
predators are present.

Now if I don't have money for the real stuff... can I just load up
with beer and go around filling up the holes myself?

Someone ****es on me, I might get the hint to leave.

tom

Note: I have never tried this, but it sounded interesting.

MaryL

Who has the job of putting the coyote's pecker in a bottle and saving its
****? That job would have to pay pretty well, and the coyote would still be
freaking out. lol
Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Light a road flare and shove it in the hole and kick dirt over the
opening. It will keep burning, but you don't want the smoke to come
out the opening.
That acrid smoke is enough to kill anything that breathes it.

Old 14-05-2006, 05:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Garden Gnome

Frank wrote:

LUSTER43 wrote:

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

pour bleach into the hole. then pour ammomia into the hole. do not
inhale this toxic mixture. this will create clorine gas which is
heavier than air and will sink into the hole and kill the varmints in
the ground never to be seen again.

Hi, delurking here. We have voles, very similar to moles except they
live on the water's edge. A handful of dried hot chili peppers does the
trick while being environmentally friendly. Just toss a good handful or
more if you want down the hole. Problem solved.

--

Garden Gnome
http://ca.360.yahoo.com/sfg.oamc
Old 16-05-2006, 02:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
catfish

"Garden Gnome" wrote in message
Frank wrote:

LUSTER43 wrote:

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

pour bleach into the hole. then pour ammomia into the hole. do not
inhale this toxic mixture. this will create clorine gas which is heavier
than air and will sink into the hole and kill the varmints in the ground
never to be seen again.

Hi, delurking here. We have voles, very similar to moles except they live
on the water's edge. A handful of dried hot chili peppers does the trick
while being environmentally friendly. Just toss a good handful or more if
you want down the hole. Problem solved.

what does chili peppers do for them?

Old 16-05-2006, 10:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tom The Great

Frank wrote:

LUSTER43 wrote:

Mole problem in my lawn . HELP !!!!!!!!!!1

pour bleach into the hole. then pour ammomia into the hole. do not
inhale this toxic mixture. this will create clorine gas which is heavier
than air and will sink into the hole and kill the varmints in the ground
never to be seen again.

Hi, delurking here. We have voles, very similar to moles except they live
on the water's edge. A handful of dried hot chili peppers does the trick
while being environmentally friendly. Just toss a good handful or more if
you want down the hole. Problem solved.

what does chili peppers do for them?

Brings out their flavor, if you plan on BBQ'ing them.

Seriously, I think the mole will just go around the whole that has the
peppers in it.

later,

tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com

mole, vole smitty48 Edible Gardening 1 26-10-2003 01:32 AM
mole,vole, ? CaringIsTheFirstStep Edible Gardening 2 15-03-2003 10:20 PM
Mole lairs: 4-5' deep? richard holmes Gardening 12 13-03-2003 03:44 PM
Mole deterrants tulip United Kingdom 17 17-11-2002 02:23 PM
Mole traps! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 3 21-10-2002 05:46 PM