Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Freddie

Default Hostas - Getting chewed up.

Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

Any help is appreciated!

Freddie

Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby

Freddie wrote:
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

Deer love hostas. Garden stores have sprays that work well at least
until it rains.

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

Put a metal Slinky over the pole or rope that holds up the feeders.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

You actually want the squirrels to eat up the dropped seed. You don't
want to attract rats or bears.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Freddie" wrote in message
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

Any help is appreciated!

Freddie

It's Mr Woodchuck that eats our Hostas - Hav-a-hart traps.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

"Freddie" wrote in message
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

Any help is appreciated!

Freddie

It's Mr Woodchuck that eats our Hostas - Hav-a-hart traps.

The same give-a-shit .22 that works on squirrels works on woodchucks.
What does one do with a woodchuck in a trap?

Old 10-06-2006, 10:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

. ..

"Freddie" wrote in message
Hi all,

1st time poster - dinna beat me up!

Ok, so I have about 10 nice sized hosta's in the back garden but they
are looking pretty ragged. I reckon the gypsy moth larvae are going to
lunch on them. Any recommendation for a bug spray that will repel or
kill them and not kill the plant?

I also have many squirrels and chipmunks attacking my bird feeders and
while quite comical, they are getting pretty aggressive now.

BB Gun? Maybe a .22 to show who's boss...

Any help is appreciated!

Freddie

It's Mr Woodchuck that eats our Hostas - Hav-a-hart traps.

The same give-a-shit .22 that works on squirrels works on woodchucks.
What does one do with a woodchuck in a trap?

I have dropped them off on the grounds of a corporation I was ****ed off
at - and I have shot them in the trap which was safer than have a .22
ricochet toward the nearest house (about 800' away). I can tell you they
are tough little buggers and a .22 in the ass is not going to stop them &
you can forget the pellet gun.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

. ..

"Freddie" wrote in message
[...]

I've shot many woodchucks on my property, and none in the ass. Why would you
shoot one there, that's cruel.
I use a .22 short on squirrels and a long rifle hollow point on woodchucks.

Old 11-06-2006, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message

. ..

"Freddie" wrote in message
[...]

With a scope no doubt.

Chewed Vegetables Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 1 17-08-2014 10:06 PM
What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup? Danny D.[_5_] Gardening 139 02-07-2013 03:14 PM
Hops being chewed up Kayla Gardening 0 12-08-2004 02:15 AM
Cut Back Earwig-Chewed Butterfly Bush Again? Fleemo Gardening 0 27-04-2004 09:02 AM
Chewed Viburnum Jan United Kingdom 31 17-02-2004 11:26 PM