Old 20-08-2006, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Default what was the search engine that looked for cheaper prices????

I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you to
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it and
it would run in the background.

Old 20-08-2006, 04:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
Pj Pj is offline

Muffy Links wrote:
I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you to
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it and
it would run in the background.

MY GOD!!!!

You get the prize for the best SPAM of the year. That is the niffisy,
most creative way I've ever seen SPAM come on the Internet.

Congradulations!!!!

Regards,

Pj

Old 20-08-2006, 01:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Can I get an answer to the question?

I dont need some self rightoues prick telling me its spam.

Thanks.

Muffy

"Pj" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old 20-08-2006, 01:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

The search engine you're looking for is in this webpage. The page
contains a few of the nicer shopping search engines. I think the search
engine you're looking for may be called DeatTime but am not certain.

http://botspot.com/search/s-shop.htm

Lou

Old 20-08-2006, 02:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

thanks....but this allows you to shop as normal and then it will go , in the
background and scour for lower prices, again it runs in the background not a
bot per se .

thank.s

Muffy

Old 20-08-2006, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

"Abe" wrote in message
news
"Lou" wrote in message
The search engine you're looking for is in this webpage. The page
contains
a few of the nicer shopping search engines. I think the search engine
you're looking for may be called DeatTime but am not certain.

thanks....but this allows you to shop as normal and then it will go , in
the
background and scour for lower prices, again it runs in the background not
bot per se .

If you find it let us know here. It sounds like a good idea. I haven't
been able to come up with anything.

P.S. Always post your responses at the bottom of the messages.

Like I said, it ran in the background sorta likc a memory resident utility
and when you went on to, say amazon to buy something it would kick in and
search and say hey I found this price for that here and the guy earned money
from that web site if you bought it. for the life of me i cant remember the
name of it....

muffy

Old 20-08-2006, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:14:20 -0500, Muffy Links broke out their crayolas
and scribbled:

I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you to
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it and
it would run in the background.

I don't think it runs in the background,,,but,

Google - Froogle
http://froogle.google.com/

Old 20-08-2006, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

"______?" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:14:20 -0500, Muffy Links broke out their crayolas
and scribbled:

I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would
go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was
not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it
and
it would run in the background.

I don't think it runs in the background,,,but,

Google - Froogle
http://froogle.google.com/

No, it was more like side step....but thanks for trying.

Muffy

Old 20-08-2006, 10:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

Abe wrote:

Just because he crossposted doesn't mean it's spam. It sounds like a
legitimate question, and he's not leading you anywhere. Chill out.

It was not spam, but neither was it a legitimate question for any of the
groups it was posted to. People who make no effort to direct their
questions to a relevant newsgroup deserve a verbal spanking.

Old 21-08-2006, 01:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.interior.decorating,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair

"Muffy Links" wrote in message
news
I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would
go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was
not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it
and
it would run in the background.

If you don't call that spy-ware your need to go back to school.

That sucker was almost a virus.

People if any of you are this naive, please trust me on this. You don't
want that crap on your computer.

Colbyt
and you can judge the quality of all my postings with a Google search!

Old 21-08-2006, 02:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

It may be Dealio (http://www.dealio.com/).
Old 21-08-2006, 11:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Doug G" wrote in message
. ..
Muffy Links wrote:
I had a search engine that would sit in the background and when you would
go
online to e-retailers and look for products it would search in the
background for that product at a cheaper price.

For the life of me I cannot remember what that search engine was, it was
not
spyware or anthing malicious. this guy may money if he could direct you
the like product at a cheaper price.

Can you help me with what that search engine was? You would download it
and
it would run in the background.

It may be Dealio (http://www.dealio.com/).

I think thats it, although it would come up from the tool bar not in the
browser, but colors match, which is all I remember from it..

thanks.

Muffy