Old 21-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Registered User

Default Redoing the lawn

The soil of my plot is 100% clay,apart for one foot of meadow skim soil deposited on top 35 years ago.Drought is a constant feature (I live in northern Italy),temperature 30 deg in the summer,african size weeds,part of the lawn is in direct sunshine,part under the shadow of a neighboring oak wood.I decided to re-do the lawn,but I have no idea which grass to go for,given the circumstances.I've read that Zoysia and other grasses in the same group might work better in these conditions,but I have no idea.I need advice.Please give me the botanical names of the grasses,so that I can try and find the seeds locally.Thanks.
Carlo

Redoing bulkheads ~ jan[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 1 09-04-2008 05:49 PM
Redoing the Rose Garden Anne Lurie Roses 3 01-10-2004 04:11 PM
Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground) FGreen Lawns 36 20-05-2004 10:08 PM
Redoing pond Neil Law Ponds 3 18-08-2003 05:03 AM
redoing old bermuda grass yard Gary E Gardening 1 02-07-2003 12:20 PM