Old 05-06-2007, 12:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Rainbird Sprinklers - On My Never Again List

Sorry for the rant, but I'm PO'd.

Just a datapoint for the rest of you... I'll never purchase another rainbird
product.

Why?

The first problem was that the heads I picked up the other day were
mis-labeled. The nice wrap around sticker on the heads said 1/2 circle.
They turned out to be full circle heads... Rrrr.

Of course, this *might* not have been a rainbird problem. It is possible
(not likely) that some bored 14 year old spent a few minutes and switched
around the nozzles in some of the spray heads in the bins at the store...So,
back to the store.

Not wanting to walk away with more mis-labeled heads, I found another
rainbird product that would work in my application and made the purchase.

Thankfully, they are 1/2 circle heads. Unfortunately, they are a new
product and Rainbird doesn't have a manual for the product to tell you how
to adjust the spray direction. (which is clearly listed as adjustable on the
label - unfortunately, it doesn't tell how.)

So, I try the 1-800-rainbird number. There are 3 levels of screening - Do
you speak english?, What type customer are you (residential or commercial)?,
and Is your problem with a timer or some other product?

Answer all 3 questions, then you get a spiel which says they are
experiencing extraordinary call volume, so call back. Then the automated
system hangs up. Click.

I've called their 1-800 number 20 times today. (Honest). And have had the
same experience every time.

To me, that's HORRIBLE customer service, and I'll hand water the lawn before
I buy their products again...

KB

Old 05-06-2007, 02:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
[...]

There is excellent information on all Rainbird residential products on their
website. Look there, and you will
find the answers you need.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

[...]

No, you won't. I probably spent an hour or more bouncing around their
website. Go to the website and look for the 22SA rotor sprinklers. In fact,
here's a link for it:

http://www.rainbird.com/diy/products/rotors/22sa.htm

And here's a link to all of their online manuals:

http://www.rainbird.com/landscape/literature/index.htm

The 22SA is listed as a new product its introduction has preceded the
manual, even the online version. Considering that it takes months to
prototype, test, produce, and distribute a new product, you would think they
would have the manual on the website before the sprinkler was available on a
commercial basis. They don't.

KB