Old 20-06-2007, 02:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Mosquito Control with Garlic

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and supposedly
safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

Old 21-06-2007, 01:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jeff" wrote in message
news
Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line
seem positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural
and supposedly safe for the enviornment.

I love the part where you can add it to oil and it will coat standing
water to suffocate larval mosquitos.

They forget to say that you can add it to paint, and it will make your
house a different color

Bob

Old 21-06-2007, 02:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Jeff wrote:
Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and supposedly
safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

Early last summer I spent about $25 on some stuff that may have been the
same as this but I'm not sure. It came from a garden store, not on-line.
I sprayed it about 4 hours before my daughter's birthday party and I
don't think it made any difference. The mosquitoes came to party too.
With no invitation. I just figured it was mostly hype.

--
Art
Old 22-06-2007, 05:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lar Lar is offline

Jeff wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and supposedly
safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

I treat yards professionally for mosquitoes and had several of last year
customers that were having the yard treated earlier this year with the
garlic sprays...two were doing it themselves the third was using EcoSafe
pest control and they all called me back due to lack of results with the
garlic spray.

Lar
Old 22-06-2007, 01:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Lar wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and
supposedly safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

I treat yards professionally for mosquitoes and had several of last year
customers that were having the yard treated earlier this year with the
garlic sprays...two were doing it themselves the third was using EcoSafe
pest control and they all called me back due to lack of results with the
garlic spray.

Lar

but, but it's environmentally friendly.

Old 23-06-2007, 12:21 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

newb wrote:
Lar wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and
supposedly safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

I treat yards professionally for mosquitoes and had several of last
year customers that were having the yard treated earlier this year with
the garlic sprays...two were doing it themselves the third was using
EcoSafe pest control and they all called me back due to lack of results
with the garlic spray.

Lar

but, but it's environmentally friendly.

True. So is a fly swatter.
Old 25-06-2007, 04:46 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lar Lar is offline

newb wrote:
Lar wrote:

Jeff wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line
seem positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural
and supposedly safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

I treat yards professionally for mosquitoes and had several of last
year customers that were having the yard treated earlier this year
with the garlic sprays...two were doing it themselves the third was
using EcoSafe pest control and they all called me back due to lack of
results with the garlic spray.

Lar

but, but it's environmentally friendly.

That's such a loaded question... Is just where you live environmentally
friendly...chances are just living where your home was built has vastly
disturbed the natural eco system, the house itself is just one large
assortment of man made chemicals..the land was probably totally changed
and the grade was altered where the home was built, the natural reptiles
and mammals of the natural "environment" are no longer found where you
now live in the original numbers. Most people have landscapes that have
nothing to do with their natural environments which definitely not make
it "friendly" to the local environment. Now if you are asking if the
terrible insecticide is bio degradable?..yes...does it kill other
insects than mosquito? yes...does it kill vegetation? no...does it kill
lizards/frogs?, no...does it kill the birds?, no.

Lar
Old 25-06-2007, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 19, 9:16 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Has anyone tried this?

I have a friend who swears by it and all the testimonials on-line seem
positive. The thing I like about it is that it's all natural and supposedly
safe for the enviornment.

http://www.mosquitobarrier.com

I run a horticulture program at a school. I grow lots of garlic
because deer and other animals leave it alone. We don't have a
mosquito problem. If only it took care of the cicada killing wasps.
Grow garlic!

Wayne

Old 26-06-2007, 12:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Lar wrote:

That's such a loaded question... Is just where you live environmentally
friendly...chances are just living where your home was built has vastly
disturbed the natural eco system, the house itself is just one large
assortment of man made chemicals..the land was probably totally changed
and the grade was altered where the home was built, the natural reptiles
and mammals of the natural "environment" are no longer found where you
now live in the original numbers. Most people have landscapes that have
nothing to do with their natural environments which definitely not make
it "friendly" to the local environment.

Lar

Humans are "natural" and humans naturally shape their immediate
environment to suit themselves much as many other animals do. Therefor
everything that died to make room for MY house died for a worthy and
natural cause.

--
Art
Old 26-06-2007, 03:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lar Lar is offline

Art wrote:

Lar wrote:

[...]

Heh...I like that answer....