Old 09-09-2007, 02:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default lawn feed and weed

jthread wrote:
It was a long post. I usually scan only for the highlights.

I was just thinking how this group had done a 180 for the good then
you post that. Well... that's more like it.

It's like being sprayed in the face with bug spray. :^(

seriously kids, get your pets spayed and neutered

I am not a fan of preaching in newsgroups, I'm here for the light hearted
banter and some tips.
If you all want to preach do it somewhere else, like god hates fags, or Al
Gore is God, whatever
If ya don't like me, plunk me, I make no apologies

Clark
and please spay and neuter
I wish my tenants would spay and neuter themselves too.

"Clark" wrote in message
Yea, thanks for the bore-athon Jimmey
go hug a fricken tree already
(you could have just posted a link there big guy)
I just pick the weeds and make a friggen salad with 'em

Clark

Jim wrote:
KC wrote:

[....]

Very true. The problem weed of my area is henbit. It sprouts in
the fall, winters over, goes wild in the spring, dies early
summer, then repeats in the fall. If you want to control it,
October is the best time with pre-emergence or weed killer just
after it sprouts. Those who think fall applications are unnecessary are
not thinking
beyond their own yard. A very common mistake in this forum.

KC

something you said here caught my eye,
"not thinking beyond their own yard"
it's a sad sad truth concerning the self centered need
for satisfying ones own desires.

today in america peoples desire for the lush thick mono
turf type green lawn has produced an environmental hazard
just beginning to unfold and tell it's story. current trends
have the 100' by 100' lawn receiving more herbicides, insecticides
and chemical fertilizers than the typical farmer applies to an
acre of land. further contributing to the unfolding disaster
in the making is how neighborhood lawns are totally unregulated
with regard towards runoff which sends these chemicals directly
into the water supply.

"not thinking beyond their own yard"

here in central NC we are experiencing one heck of an on
going drought. water restrictions have been in place now
for several months and just recently tighter restrictions
went into place allowing for lawns to be watered only one
day a week.

an article appearing in today's N&O presented an excellent
exemplification of peoples selfish stupidity when it comes
to "not thinking beyond their own yard".
http://www.newsobserver.com/weather/...ry/695176.html

ok, stepping down from my portable soapbox for a moment lets
give consideration to the aspects of having a nice lawn while
thinking beyond our own yard. first consideration should be
for shared resources such as water. when a drought such as
the one we are experiencing here in NC severely limits the
amount of water available to the local population, priorities
of importance need to be established. a simple question should
be put forth and that is, how long can you the human continue
without water to sustain your body? which is really more
important, water to drink or water to irrigate a lawn?

I full well realize I'm only a simple country boy, semiliterate,
uneducated and therefore hardly qualified to render an answer to
the above stated question concerning the important uses of water
when it's availability is severely limited. but do consider this,
after you've died from dehydration will you be able to visually
appreciate the lust green well irrigated lawn? duh!

the vast majority of lawn owners are totally unaware of the organic
alternatives available today. they instead waddle into the local
big box store and being the quadruple chin porker beast they are
see grub control product and make the purchase without ever reading
the label or seeing the words Merit or Dylox. even worse is how
they'll apply the product without reading the application
instructions contained on the product labeling. how many times in
this very forum have we seen the question, "how much should I
apply" followed by Eggs saying "did you read the label?" and to
further exemplify the disaster in the making we're expecting a
population of quadruple chin porker beast creatures who can't even
feed themselves a correct portion to figure out how to apply 2.5
pounds of product evenly over 100 square feet of lawn! get real, it
just ain't going to happen...

http://www.milkyspore.com/

Old 09-09-2007, 12:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
It was a long post. I usually scan only for the highlights.

I was just thinking how this group had done a 180 for the good then
you post that. Well... that's more like it.

It's like being sprayed in the face with bug spray. :^(

seriously kids, get your pets spayed and neutered

I am not a fan of preaching in newsgroups, I'm here for the light
hearted banter and some tips.
If you all want to preach do it somewhere else, like god hates fags,
or Al Gore is God, whatever
If ya don't like me, plunk me, I make no apologies

Clark
and please spay and neuter
I wish my tenants would spay and neuter themselves too.

tee hee:~)

(long boring part sniped)

To stay on topic, I give one tenant a $50.00 discount to mow the lawn, guess
who has to do it half the time anyway.
ya me, and its usually 8 inches deep too.
When he does mow he bags it then dumps the bag wherever it fills up,
causing all kinds of dead spots.

Clark

Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
[...]

first rule of property management. never make side deals with tenants. are
you new at this?

Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
[...]

Not a side deal, the agreement is in the lease. No pets in the lease too,
but I just found out he has had a dog for a week, he gets a 15 day notice of
termination this week.
and no I'm not new at renting apartments, been doing it since 1992, but for
some silly reason I keep thinking people will keep their word. (sigh)
Clark

Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
[...]

i was kidding :~)

can't you see if he can find a home for the dog first. seems a little harsh.
i thought they had to have 60 days or is that a state-by-state thing?

people will always let you down. start from there and you won't be
dissapointed.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
jthread said:

"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
[...]

eff that! Toss him, Clark! Beat him with a 10" pine twig, and toss
him on his deadbeat arse! =)

[rest snipped]

That was funny Eggs ! I laughed pretty damn hard at that one.
Clark

Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message

jthread wrote:
[...]

I thought you were kidding ;-)
I have to give a 15 day notice then a 30 day notice, but it does not matter,
he called and told me he can't deal with all the pressure and is going to be
out by the end of the month.
(there is an entire story)

Clark

Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jthread said:

"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:
"Clark" wrote in message
jthread wrote:

--

Eggs

-Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.