Old 12-10-2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Scotts Spreader

Greetings
I have a Scotts Evengreen lawn feeder - it has an adjustable feed rate, set
using a screw device. I have no information on the rate retlating to the
numbers on the setting device - can anybody assist please?
--
Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson

Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 10/12/2007 11:18 AM Richard Wrigley said the following:
Greetings
I have a Scotts Evengreen lawn feeder - it has an adjustable feed rate, set
using a screw device. I have no information on the rate retlating to the
numbers on the setting device - can anybody assist please?
--
Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson

Most fertilizer and weed control products have the spread rate for
various types of spreaders written on the bag.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 15-10-2007, 04:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Oct 12, 11:22 am, willshak wrote:
on 10/12/2007 11:18 AM Richard Wrigley said the following: Greetings
I have a Scotts Evengreen lawn feeder - it has an adjustable feed rate, set
using a screw device. I have no information on the rate retlating to the
numbers on the setting device - can anybody assist please?
--
Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson

Most fertilizer and weed control products have the spread rate for
various types of spreaders written on the bag.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Sounds like this is an older Scotts spreader and I don;t recall seeing
that model listed on any lawn product bags. You could try Scotts
website. Or if the spreader isn't in great condition, buy a new one,
they only go for about $40 or so.

Otherwise, get some fertilizer and set it at a med to med-low
setting. Apply a know qty of fertilizer to a known area. Then
you'll know what rate that settting is and can record it and go from
there.

Occasionally I run across something that doesn't have my spreader
listed either. I have enough experience that I can just wing it and
adjust it as I go, based on how fast I see it going down.