Old 17-11-2007, 03:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default My tree roots are covered Oh MY God!!!!

I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is
wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's
The roots are covered by the leaves!!!
I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area where
almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded area's AKA
the forest, aren't their roots covered too?
I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of a tree
(I think it kills them or something).

What ever am I going to do?
There must be an Expert in this group that can help.
Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

Not Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 17-11-2007, 06:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark... wrote:
I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is
wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's
The roots are covered by the leaves!!!
I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area where
almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded area's AKA
the forest, aren't their roots covered too?
I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of a tree
(I think it kills them or something).

What ever am I going to do?
There must be an Expert in this group that can help.
Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 17-11-2007, 07:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Clark... wrote:
I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is
wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's
The roots are covered by the leaves!!!
I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area where
almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded area's AKA
the forest, aren't their roots covered too?
I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of a tree
(I think it kills them or something).

What ever am I going to do?
There must be an Expert in this group that can help.
Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

Not Clark...

That's why we have forest fires. It keeps the leaves that cover the
roots from killing the trees.

--
Art
Old 18-11-2007, 05:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is
wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's
The roots are covered by the leaves!!!
I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area where
almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded area's AKA
the forest, aren't their roots covered too?
I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of a tree
(I think it kills them or something).

What ever am I going to do?
There must be an Expert in this group that can help.
Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

Not Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Too general a question.
Too general a generality regarding covering roots.
Maybe a certain arborist will chime in to tackle with something specific and
some examples on either spectrum, not using weblinks. Doubt it though.

--
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement

Old 18-11-2007, 01:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art wrote:
Clark... wrote:
I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that
is wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's
The roots are covered by the leaves!!!
I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area
where almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded
area's AKA the forest, aren't their roots covered too?
I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of
a tree (I think it kills them or something).

What ever am I going to do?
There must be an Expert in this group that can help.
Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

Not Clark...

That's why we have forest fires. It keeps the leaves that cover the
roots from killing the trees.

Holy cow I'd never thought of that!
I'm off to the hardware store for some lamp oil and a lighter!!
I have to save the tree's!!!
So it turns out whomever started the California forest fires where just
doing the trees a favor, what a good citizen.

Grin
Clark...

--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 18-11-2007, 02:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dioclese wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
[...]

Good tip!
I'm going to the book store right after I go to the hardware store and I'm
going to buy a book for identifieng the tree's I have.
For instance is it worse to have maple leaves on your oak roots or vice
versa?
lol

where the heck is Eggs when I really need him? hehehehehe

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 18-11-2007, 04:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark... wrote:
Art wrote:
Clark... wrote:
[...]

Again, I say, "Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

Well, at least you're not a f***ing top poster.
Old 19-11-2007, 04:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
Dioclese wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
[...]

It wasn't eggs I was speaking of (symplast where are you?).

One example, that strikes me is my great-grandfather had some majestic pecan
trees. Surface roots were heavy duty, sometimes difficult to get pushmower
over (engine off). Leaves in autumn were 1-2 foot deep before raking. Just
wondered what would happen if these were never raked for example. There
would be wind driven push on alot of it. Some making large piles near the
trunks.

Juniper-ashe (blue berry version) naturally drops its leaves (needles) in a
major thickness. This is part of its strategy of recouping water in dry
areas. And, due to the needles chemical release, nothing grows under such a
tree.

Live oak drops all its leaves in early spring. I have buttload of those
trees all around my home and property naturally growing. I don't rake those
leaves, too many and too deep. No apparent effect on their growth or
foliage that grows within its vicinity.

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

Old 19-11-2007, 05:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Default My tree roots

Dioclese wrote:

[....]

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official
weblink quack response.

Old 19-11-2007, 02:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
Clark... wrote:
Art wrote:
Clark... wrote:
[...]

At the very least..
I'm just trying to put a little life into this group, I mean heck there is
more fun in the 0.test group
honest no harm intended.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 19-11-2007, 10:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim" wrote in message
Dioclese wrote:

[....]

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official
weblink quack response.

Somehow, I don't believe there's a genuine arborist that frequents this
newsgroup... But, you may be right. It takes 4 or more genuine examples to
tweak his/her nipples.
Dave

Old 19-11-2007, 10:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Jim" wrote in message
Dioclese wrote:

[....]

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official
weblink quack response.

Somehow, I don't believe there's a genuine arborist that frequents this
newsgroup... But, you may be right. It takes 4 or more genuine examples
to tweak his/her nipples.
Dave

somehow i don't think anyone thought this was funny but clark

Jim

Old 20-11-2007, 12:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

jthread wrote:

Dioclese wrote:
Jim wrote:
Dioclese wrote:

[....]

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official
weblink quack response.

Somehow, I don't believe there's a genuine arborist that frequents this
newsgroup... But, you may be right. It takes 4 or more genuine examples
to tweak his/her nipples.
Dave

somehow i don't think anyone thought this was funny but clark

Jim

clark who? g

btw - next week is your turn to be the real Jim.

Jim
Old 20-11-2007, 12:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Dioclese wrote:

Jim wrote:
Dioclese wrote:

[....]

Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink
quack...
Dave

sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official
weblink quack response.

Somehow, I don't believe there's a genuine arborist that frequents this
newsgroup... But, you may be right. It takes 4 or more genuine examples to
tweak his/her nipples.
Dave

some people settle for unofficial, but I say hold
out for the real thing.