Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default electric chipper shredder

Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and
found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!

Look at his last word - NOT! I agree.

Tom J

Old 11-01-2008, 01:37 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Several years back I bought a Troy built 5 hp model. I think it would take
limbs up to an inch and a half/two inches. It was OK on the little stuff.
The larger limbs were a little more difficult. More like grinding down
rather than chipping up. Doing the leaves was really dusty and they didn't
break up very much; still had a lot of bulk and the discharge bag had to be
emptied too frequently. Having said all of this, I'd recommend one only if
you had a large quantity of 1 inch or smaller diameter limbs that you were
wanting to get rid of and didn't have a place to burn them or you wanted to
use them to make mulch .

Wanna buy mine?

Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"booboo £ ¥ 0/00 " wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
wrote in message
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and
found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!

Not unless it has a 15 horse three phase 440 volt motor on it.

The one that comes down my street every Monday is diesel engine driven
and has a 3 foot X 3 foot opening. It can chip anything the city
workers can lift and shove in it, and hardly come off idle.

Tom J

Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Tom J wrote:

booboo wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:
bigjcw1023 wrote:
Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and
found
them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!

Not unless it has a 15 horse three phase 440 volt motor on it.

The one that comes down my street every Monday is diesel engine driven
and has a 3 foot X 3 foot opening. It can chip anything the city
workers can lift and shove in it, and hardly come off idle.

Tom J

did you ever notice how government has the best of machinery?
no matter the cost government has it. new trucks every two
years, government has it. while I watch the average tax payer
struggle with their older truck and machinery that's just under
size or worn out I never see government having to make do. must
be nice to have an unlimited source of income so as to be able
to always buy the biggest most powerful machine.

I should stop short of criticizing government because people
love their government and city people they really love government...
Old 12-01-2008, 02:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim wrote:

I should stop short of criticizing government because people
love their government and city people they really love government...

My city wife likes to clip the coupons and hit every major grocery
chain in the State of Georgia - in a 3 mile radius of where we live!!
She despises the city government!! I could care less, because at our
age, we are getting tax breaks that puts our taxes below what they
would be in rural areas of GA!! Taxes on our 3 bedroom brick are
under $300 a year, garbage, trash & limb/brush removal are free!!
OH, and our veggie plot is in the front lawn and meets code!!

Tom J