Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered User

Default 1st cut for newly seeded lawn - what Mower Type?

Hi All,

Well, I am at that point where the first cut is required, and I don't want to pull up the grass shoots, so what mower type is needed? I recall seeing a thread that detailed a rotary mower, but from my POV, all mower types are rotary; whether the rotary motion is vertical or lateral is the key point.

Which one do I need then, the vertical axis mower or the lateral axis mower?

PLUS, I've noticed some of my neighbours have left their newly seeded grass to grow up to 4 inches or more, but I though you should cut it before it reaches that height...... but they might know more than me.......

thanking you.....

The smell of newly cut grass? A.Lee United Kingdom 6 01-09-2007 02:45 PM
seeded lawn rather patchy weed Lawns 7 01-06-2005 06:16 PM
Best way to kill clover in seeded lawn Jim Willsher United Kingdom 9 09-05-2004 05:08 PM
Seeded lawn last October - Need advice MDO Lawns 6 02-03-2004 02:10 PM
Seeded lawn last October - Need advice MDO Lawns 0 01-03-2004 08:56 PM