Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Vincent Burgum

Default Fuel Stabilizer

Hi all Does anyone know where in the UK I can obtain some fuel Stabilizer
for a rotavator? I know i can buey it from the US but a bottle costing about
£4.00 ends up costing 325 with postage and customes duty

Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Harold Walker

"Noodle Doo" (spam) wrote in message
What is fuel stabilizer?? is the petrol in the uk so unstable that we need
tame it??

"Vincent Burgum" wrote in message
Hi all Does anyone know where in the UK I can obtain some fuel Stabilizer
for a rotavator? I know i can buey it from the US but a bottle costing
about
£4.00 ends up costing 325 with postage and customes duty

Somehow I would have thought you 'guys' would know all about fuel
stabiliser.....a standard product for a savvy guy that does not wish to
empty out the gasolione at the end of the season...H

Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Gary Woods

"Noodle Doo" (spam) wrote:

What is fuel stabilizer?? is the petrol in the uk so unstable that we need
tame it??

It's basically a preservative that prevents gasoline erm.... petrol from
gelling and gumming up the works in storage. You add the recommended dose,
then run the engine for a few minutes to make sure the carb and fuel system
contain the mix, then top off the tank to avoid condensation. The common
U.S. brand is "Sta-Bil;" can't obviously be of much help for you across the
pond.
Works fine; my ancient rear-tine rotivator generally starts on the first or
second pull in the spring.
I think storing the machine with the tank completely full is the biggest
thing.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Sla#s

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Noodle Doo" (spam) wrote:

[...]

Just top up the tank, turn off the fuel and run the carb dry.
Lot cheaper.
But all in all it's best to drain the tank and bung the fuel in your car.
Then you can get fresh fuel for the new season.

Slatts