Old 15-09-2008, 07:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

Default propane weed killers

Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers work.

They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good "mileage" out
of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

Old 15-09-2008, 02:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 9/15/2008 2:20 AM rb said the following:
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers work.

They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good "mileage" out
of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

Probably the same way that the small sweating propane cylinders light.
Pull the trigger that releases the gas and ignites the piezo igniter.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 16-09-2008, 09:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"rb" wrote in message
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers work.

They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good "mileage" out
of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

Just another way for another brainless clod to burn California while
performing lawn care.
--
Dave
..

Old 16-09-2008, 04:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Dioclese wrote:
"rb" wrote in message
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers
work. They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good
"mileage" out of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

Just another way for another brainless clod to burn California while
performing lawn care.

As a brainless clod, I am offended!
If you continue to insult us brainless clods, I will tell your mother to
take away your computer.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 17-09-2008, 12:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message
Dioclese wrote:
"rb" wrote in message
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers
work. They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good
"mileage" out of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

Just another way for another brainless clod to burn California while
performing lawn care.

As a brainless clod, I am offended!
If you continue to insult us brainless clods, I will tell your mother to
take away your computer.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Won't work. I put artificial flowers all over it. She thinks its a pot for
the flowers. The screensaver has the same flowers. I won't let her near a
propane burner of any kind for obvious reasons.
--
Dave

Old 17-09-2008, 01:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 15, 1:20*am, "rb" wrote:
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers work..

They sure look simple. *Are they that good? *Do you get good "mileage" out
of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

well they run through the propane pretty fast. It might be me though
I wanted to make sure that tree would not grow back in the fence again.
Old 19-09-2008, 05:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
On Sep 15, 1:20 am, "rb" wrote:
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers work.

They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good "mileage" out
of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

well they run through the propane pretty fast. It might be me though
I wanted to make sure that tree would not grow back in the fence again.

You mean they make something where you can burn the weeds away? Would that
work
on a chain link fence? Burning weeds away sounds cool.

Old 20-09-2008, 02:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Von Fourche wrote:
wrote in message
On Sep 15, 1:20 am, "rb" wrote:
Sure would like to have reports of how well the propane weed killers
work. They sure look simple. Are they that good? Do you get good
"mileage"
out of a tank?

Also, how does the flame get lit?

well they run through the propane pretty fast. It might be me though
I wanted to make sure that tree would not grow back in the fence
again.

You mean they make something where you can burn the weeds away? Would
that work
on a chain link fence? Burning weeds away sounds cool.

I may be wrong but aren't some chain link fence's galvanized, which of
course means, lead, mercury, which I think is bad to heat but I don't know,
would the mercury be in the smoke??
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

propane weed torch jfrost Texas 16 27-01-2004 12:32 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Gardening 18 27-01-2004 12:32 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Texas 2 22-01-2004 07:58 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Texas 1 22-01-2004 07:33 PM
propane weed torch jfrost Edible Gardening 0 22-01-2004 06:12 PM