Old 06-02-2010, 02:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default My Winter Escape: Planning My Tomato Garden

I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.
www.TomatoGrowing.info
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Me too!!! I`m in va. and we have 14 in. of snow and it`s still coming
down. It doesn`t look like it now but we will have sunshine again.
Hang in there

Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 6, 6:22*am, dave213 wrote:
I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.www.TomatoGrowing.info

That is exciting. Last year, we started a garden but never took care
of it. This year, we're going to put more effort into it. I hope we'll
be started our planning soon too!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

dave213 wrote in news:bebe561d-fa11-4746-b84f-
:

I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.
www.TomatoGrowing.info

When do you start your seeds? When do you set them outside?

Old 10-02-2010, 10:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 10, 4:06*pm, Zootal wrote:
dave213 wrote in news:bebe561d-fa11-4746-b84f-
:

I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.
www.TomatoGrowing.info

When do you start your seeds? When do you set them outside?

Sounds fun i love the snow!!! when do you start planting?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Feb 6, 9:22*am, dave213 wrote:
I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.www.TomatoGrowing.info

I live in northern Delaware but due to encroaching shade and deer, put
tomatoes and peppers in containers on deck and get a much better start
with seedlings from store. Since peppers take a little longer, I
believe it was about this time of year, I would start them. Sort of
hoping with all this snow, nature may thin the deer herd.
I've even had to net off an ivy bed that they were killing.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dgk dgk is offline

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 06:22:26 -0800 (PST), dave213
wrote:

I live in Philly and we are in the midst of a blizzard, with 20 inches
of snow already and still falling! But I'm getting a little spring
fever as I am planning my garden and shopping online for seeds. I'll
be starting my tomato plants early indoors, so it's almost time to
plant! I can't wait.
www.TomatoGrowing.info

I found this guy last year but it was too late to do anything with it.
This year I'm going to try some of his varieties and instructions:

http://www.tomatobob.com/

I have no commercial or other involvement. It just looked like a good
site.