Old 30-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Paboo

Default Anyone have a Grass FAQ?

Is there a FAQ anywhere about growing grass from seed/plug/sod?
Pros/Cons?

Had to remove trees, stumps, and lots of soil to solve a huge drainage
problem at my house. Had to get the ground sloping away from the
house. French drain has been installed. Ground has been bare now for a
couple months and I'm finally ready to get the seed going.

Would really like to try to seed... I have St.Augustine on the other
side of the yard, but I've been told there isn't any St.Augustine seed.
What would be the closest seed grass to St.Augustine.

Thanks,
Paboo
Jacksonville, FL
Old 30-04-2003, 09:56 PM

Paboo wrote:
Is there a FAQ anywhere about growing grass from seed/plug/sod?
Pros/Cons?

Had to remove trees, stumps, and lots of soil to solve a huge drainage
problem at my house. Had to get the ground sloping away from the
house. French drain has been installed. Ground has been bare now for a
couple months and I'm finally ready to get the seed going.

Would really like to try to seed... I have St.Augustine on the other
side of the yard, but I've been told there isn't any St.Augustine seed.
What would be the closest seed grass to St.Augustine.

Thanks,
Paboo
Jacksonville, FL

I'm in Ohio so those southern grasses look like weeds to me.

Here's a link to a good site,they have your climate zone,
it may help. (or not)

http://www.saintaugustinegrass.com/seeding/

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Jimmy Bundrick

I suggest you stick to ST Augustine. Plugs are inexpensive and can be placed
approx 1 foot apart and should fill in by end of the growing season this
year.

Jimmy Bundrick