Old 30-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Cost to mow...

Being an electrical engineer, I used to have some people I hardly knew
bug me to fix their TV's. They didn't understand that what they need
is a TV repairman with experience, test eqpt, parts, etc, not an EE.

So one time I finally got suckered into trying to fix a couple of them
for a guy. They promptly went up in smoke and after that, nobody
asked me again.

"GamePlayer No. 1058" wrote in message news:8d31f5105eb80488d6dc754a8e057cff@TeraNews.. .
Do what I did, my neighbors bought the house next door and layed sod, but
didnt have a mower, they asked if I would mind coming over and mowing there
lawn once in a while since i have a rider mower. At first I didnt mind,
seeing as I have a rider mower, its more fun than a chore. Well I did this
for about 2 months, then grew tired of mowing their lawn as well as my own,
(I started to feel like I had to do their lawn when I did mine) so I stopped
mowing all together, my lawn and theirs.

When they asked what was up, I told them my mower was on the fritz. Believe
it or not, within a week they had a brand new mower to mow their own lawn,
though they never offered to mow my lawn, but a week later I started mowing
my own lawn again and gave them the explanation that I took my mower to the
shop and had it repaired at the cost of $300.00, they did offer to pay me
half of the "supposed" repair bill, but I declined. They now have a new
mower and I dont have to mow their lawn.

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
: My neighbor is in a bind, since their lawn tractor is on the fritz. He
: wants me to mow their yard until they make other arrangements. I'm not
real
: keen on the idea as I have a bigger need for time (for all my own
projects)
: than money. But, I want to be neighborly...
:
: How much should I charge (he's definitely willing to pay) to mow about
8/10
: acre of mostly treeless property with few obstacles? Also, I will not be
: doing any trimming, edging, raking, etc-- pretty much just what my lawn
: tractor can do.
:
: I want to charge enough so that they want to find other arrangements
sooner
: than later, but not so much as to be ridiculous. We just moved here last
: July and don't really know these folks at all, so I'm surprised they asked
: us (although we're their closest neighbor and have a brand new Deere so
they
: know we can do it.
:
: I'm in suburban Minneapolis, if that matters.
:
: Thanks,
: -Tim
:
:
:

Old 02-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Leroy

For some people getting into honest dialog is outside the box. Pehaps
because the person they would be sharing the truth with are potential or

Every one, everyday does not feel like king of the mountain and they come
here to see how others have delt with the situation. Due to those
possiblitities it is hardly resonable to refer to them as a vertabre free
female genatailia.
I think the Oscar is a fish and no doubt smells like one. the Oscar fish
likes to fight. maybe he swam off.

"Oscar_lives" wrote in message

[...]

Why not grow a spine and be honest. Tell them you don't want to mow their
lawn.

You people are a bunch of spineless pussies. You dance all around the

issue
and lie to others, rather than dealing with the issues in a

straight-forward
manner.

Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM
help - can't crank lawnmower - need to mow PV North Carolina 5 11-11-2003 05:02 PM
how soon can i mow over new grass? MoJo United Kingdom 3 18-09-2003 09:15 AM