Old 21-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Bob

Default mower engine

Hi all. I am in need of a lawn tractor engine. It will be off a
Craftsman lawn tractor and I'm not sure if there are other brands or
not.
The one that came off the tractor is a Briggs & Stratton, 2 cylinder
opposing, 18 hp, horizontal crankshaft engine. It is set up with pulleys
out of both ends of the engine. I'm in the Kansas City area, so
something fairly local would be great, but will consider any engine.
Thanks a million.

Old 21-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Dr. Doctor

with the model number off the engine any good small engine repair shop
should be able to cross reference it to any brand of engine that is
available and fit and work to sell you.
Good Luck
ps you may have to get a few measurements off the old engine to help.

why are you replacing the engine? if it has major failure internally have
you looked at repairing it with a short block?

Old 22-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Bob

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Replacing the engine since the other one threw a rod and broke the cam. Crank
appears to be scored beyond repair also. Figure those parts alone will be the
price of a used engine.

"Dr. Doctor" wrote:

with the model number off the engine any good small engine repair shop
should be able to cross reference it to any brand of engine that is
available and fit and work to sell you.
Good Luck
ps you may have to get a few measurements off the old engine to help.

why are you replacing the engine? if it has major failure internally have
you looked at repairing it with a short block?

mower engine mounting - only 3 bolts - is this OK?? AAG United Kingdom 24 15-04-2005 08:04 PM
Mower Engine Problem(s) Greg Lawns 11 19-06-2004 08:57 AM
push type, rotary lawn mower with 2 cycly engine desiglass Lawns 6 23-05-2004 06:02 AM
Sears rear engine bagger 30 inch deck riding mower Ed Dudek Gardening 2 02-09-2003 03:22 PM
Sears Craftsman Eager (Tecumseh Engine) Push Mower Problem Bill Lawns 4 23-06-2003 01:08 AM