Old 18-08-2003, 03:31 AM
Jim

Default CRAFTSMAN MOWER STILL NOT RUNIING

ok.. the mower turns over but not firing, there is no gas on the
spark plug. and after a few mins of trying to start it, I looked at
the plug it had black junk on it..it was brand new when I put it
in..and there is where I saw it was getting no gas.I have put in new
gas drained the oil..etc..all the normal stuff..new filters..can not
see where it might be blocked, can you help?

thanks in advance
Jim
Old 18-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Dr. Doctor

is the gas making into the bowl of the carb?
is this a push mower or tractor?
what kind of engine & size et???

Old 18-08-2003, 08:13 PM
Dr. Doctor

Old 19-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Jim

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:09:26 GMT, "Dr. Doctor"
wrote:

is the gas making into the bowl of the carb?
is this a push mower or tractor?
what kind of engine & size et???

Yes there's gas in the bowl..it's a briggs and stratton 13 o.h. gold
series engine
now I have even put starting fluid in the carb and it will not fire
btw it's a riding mower

help

Jim
Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Greg Rice

OK... No gas. Probably you've got something clogging up your carburetor.
What I would do next would be to rebuild the carburetor. It's not very hard.
You can get a rebuild kit ($20) from most small engine shops, such as lawn
mower repair shops. The trick of doing a good job is to make sure you've
cleaned out all the holes real good. Use a carburetor cleaner and if you
have a compressor, blow it out real good. Then replace all your parts with
the ones that come in the kit.

Once you get it running, you may need to adjust the screws on the carb to
get it running smooth.

Old 19-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Greg Rice

On second thought... when you take the carb apart... there will probably be
a couple of screws with springs on them. (One on top and one on the bottom)
Count the number of turns (clockwise) until the screw is in all the way or
stops turning. Write that number down. Then you can take the screws out for
cleaning. When you put it back together... turn the screws in all the way,
then back them out the same number of turns.

k.net...

Old 20-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Dr. Doctor

if you put in starting fluid and it wont fire then check the ignition (check
plug in case the new one is bad it is not common but I seen it before once
or twice) and also check of you have any compression. if both are good then
it should at least fire with starting fluid.