Old 25-08-2003, 02:42 AM
CNB

Default Please ID this tree

These are getting more and more popular here in GA as landscaping plants.
Can anyone tell me what it is?

http://web.infoave.net/~BN_cbrown/shrub.jpg

Thanks,

CNB

Old 03-09-2003, 05:32 PM
wyldwoodwytch

Is it a Bay tree? Are the leaves like a magnolia only smaller and ddes it
put out tiny white flowers in the spring that smell really sweet?

Old 06-09-2003, 01:12 PM
CNB

No, I'm pretty sure this isn't bay or magnolia. We've got plenty of those
around here and the leaves are always glossy and they all have the big white
flowers you mentioned. The leaves on this little tree aren't glossy at all.
From a distance the tree looks brownish-green. Someone mentioned Loquat, and
I think this may very well be what it is.

CNB

Old 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Greg Rice

Definitely not a magnolia. Might be loquat. I think loquat leaves are have
more texture to the leaves and are usually less dense with the limbs. Where
are the botanists when you need them?

"CNB" wrote in message
No, I'm pretty sure this isn't bay or magnolia. We've got plenty of those
around here and the leaves are always glossy and they all have the big

white
flowers you mentioned. The leaves on this little tree aren't glossy at

all.
From a distance the tree looks brownish-green. Someone mentioned Loquat,

and

Old 13-09-2003, 02:02 AM
NNTP Cox News

Yep -- Looks like my loquat tree.

Any fruit.

Mudslinger

ink.net...

"CNB" wrote in message
No, I'm pretty sure this isn't bay or magnolia. We've got plenty of

those
around here and the leaves are always glossy and they all have the big

white
flowers you mentioned. The leaves on this little tree aren't glossy at

all.
From a distance the tree looks brownish-green. Someone mentioned Loquat,

and