Old 26-08-2003, 11:02 PM
star2fire

Default ants

I have the worst infestation of ants, inside and out, that you could ever
imagine. I've bee using Terro Liquid Ant Baits, which the ants LOVE but I
keep putting out more and more baits, which just get eaten up, with very
little noticeable change in the ant population.
I have ants all over in every square inch of my yard, plus I think they have
made nests in the walls or something because we get them everywhere,
including upstairs.
I am talking about the little black ants that like to eat sweet stuff.
Any suggestions would be truly helpful.
star2fire

Old 26-08-2003, 11:12 PM

"star2fire" wrote:
I have the worst infestation of ants, inside and out, that you could ever
imagine. I've bee using Terro Liquid Ant Baits, which the ants LOVE but
I keep putting out more and more baits, which just get eaten up, with
very little noticeable change in the ant population.
I have ants all over in every square inch of my yard, plus I think they
have made nests in the walls or something because we get them everywhere,
including upstairs.
I am talking about the little black ants that like to eat sweet stuff.
Any suggestions would be truly helpful.
star2fire

Find some granular Diazinon. Spread it according to the label and
water it in -pronto-. If you see nests give them extra.

Keep kids and pets off till it has been irrigated.

--
GO #40
Old 27-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Die Spamer !!!

star2fire wrote:

I have the worst infestation of ants, inside and out, that you could ever
imagine. I've bee using Terro Liquid Ant Baits, which the ants LOVE but I
keep putting out more and more baits, which just get eaten up, with very
little noticeable change in the ant population.
I have ants all over in every square inch of my yard, plus I think they have
made nests in the walls or something because we get them everywhere,
including upstairs.
I am talking about the little black ants that like to eat sweet stuff.
Any suggestions would be truly helpful.
star2fire

Get a few bottles of Grants Kills Ants ant killer and put some of the liquid on
pieces of paper or foil so the ants can get at it easily. Foil might be better
since it wont soak through and stain any surface. Put the ant killer around
where there are ants but where no pet or child or rain or wind can get at them.
The ants should fully notice the baits within an hour if there are ants clearly
visible in the area. I have not seen any ants after a few days. They all crawl
back to their home and die. If the mothers eat/drink the bait they will feed it
to their young and kill them too.

I love Grants

Old 27-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Greg Rice

For inside the house I have had success with ants with the ultra sonic
devices. In my kitchen I had used just about everything on the market,
sprays, traps, baits (including peanut butter or other sweets mixed with
boric acid), but they (the ants) would always come back within a few weeks.

The brand I use is made by Sunbeam, Model SB125, Ultrasonic Pest Repeller. I
got 6 in a package at Costco for about $25. I put 2 in my kitchen because
that was where there were more ants.

By the way, in Florida, they have discontinued use of diazinon because they
have found it in the ground water. There are some good replacement products
that have a shorter active period. I used diazinon for years (alternating
with malathion and other sprays/pellets) and it works great. In Florida, it
probably takes surface water less time to reach deep well depth (100 -
300').

nk.net...

Old 27-08-2003, 07:02 PM
star2fire

Will ultrasonic devices bother my housepets?
star2fire
"Greg Rice" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

nk.net...

Old 28-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Greg Rice

I don't "think" so, but just to be safe - read the product label. I seem to remember the package saying something about not bothering cats and dogs, but my mind isn't like a teal strap any more... I mean a steal trap...

Checkout these pages regarding pets...

http://www.bensen.co.uk/ProductManua...%20English.pdf

http://www.bensen.co.uk/ProductManua...%20instruc.pdf

http://www.electronicpestrepeller.com/ultrasonic.htm

"star2fire" wrote in message .net...
Will ultrasonic devices bother my housepets?
star2fire
"Greg Rice" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

"star2fire" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have the worst infestation of ants, inside and out, that you could

ever
imagine. I've bee using Terro Liquid Ant Baits, which the ants LOVE but

keep putting out more and more baits, which just get eaten up, with very
little noticeable change in the ant population.
I have ants all over in every square inch of my yard, plus I think they

have
made nests in the walls or something because we get them everywhere,
including upstairs.
I am talking about the little black ants that like to eat sweet stuff.
Any suggestions would be truly helpful.
star2fire

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
ants in worm farm Mousie Australia 8 02-04-2003 10:20 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM