Old 08-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Brad and Julie Vaughn

Default Can anyone ID this weed?

My back yard has been taken over by this:

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed1.jpg

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed2.jpg

It came from a vacant lot next to mine. The builder cut it all down,
but not before it literally filled my back yard. Any idea what it is
and/or how to kill it without killing the grass. I just had the house
built last year and the grass was starting to grow. Then the weed
came and while my grass is still down there, it doesn't have a chance.
Thanks for your help.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Spook

On 8 Sep 2003 09:35:14 -0700, (Brad and Julie
Vaughn) wrote:

My back yard has been taken over by this:

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed1.jpg

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed2.jpg

It came from a vacant lot next to mine. The builder cut it all down,
but not before it literally filled my back yard. Any idea what it is
and/or how to kill it without killing the grass. I just had the house
built last year and the grass was starting to grow. Then the weed
came and while my grass is still down there, it doesn't have a chance.
Thanks for your help.

I believe it's alfalfa. I'm not sure but I think 2-4-d will kill it.
Maybe there's a more natural way but I don't know what it is. Maybe
simply keeping it mowed down will eventually kill it.

Old 09-09-2003, 05:38 AM
Jimmy the Saint

It is, that's red clover. Ortho makes a concentrate that supposedly can
kill it without killing your lawn...

Old 09-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Brad and Julie Vaughn

(Brad and Julie Vaughn) wrote in message . com...
My back yard has been taken over by this:

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed1.jpg

http://members.socket.net/~jfalken/img/weed2.jpg

It came from a vacant lot next to mine. The builder cut it all down,
but not before it literally filled my back yard. Any idea what it is
and/or how to kill it without killing the grass. I just had the house
built last year and the grass was starting to grow. Then the weed
came and while my grass is still down there, it doesn't have a chance.
Thanks for your help.

It is Red Clover. After getting the info from you guys I looked it up
in Google and that's definatly it. I will try that Ortho product and
hopefully kill it. Thanks again for the fast response.