Old 24-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Tim

Default Need advice on lawn protection

Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor. Recently,
some dog keep using my side as its toilet (in the middle of the lawn not
by the edge). I try different commercial product but my auto sprinkler
will wash them off and the stronger stuff will kill the lawn. My
neighbor don't want to put up a fence. Any suggestion? I heard there
is a home remedy of using garlic and something else but not sure exactly
what. Anyone know?
Thanks a million!

Old 25-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Jo Cohen

"Tim" wrote in message
Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor. Recently,
some dog keep using my side as its toilet (in the middle of the lawn not
by the edge). I try different commercial product but my auto sprinkler
will wash them off and the stronger stuff will kill the lawn. My
neighbor don't want to put up a fence. Any suggestion? I heard there
is a home remedy of using garlic and something else but not sure exactly
what. Anyone know?
Thanks a million!

Try buying some "Boundary" at a pet store. It shouldn't harm the grass and
will help to keep the dog away. You may have to apply it a couple of times
before he gets the message. Garden centers also have products that will
repel animals. You also might try to catch the dog, call the animal control
officer, and have the owned fined. After a few times, they will probably
will either train or leash the dog, or put up a fence.

Jo

Old 25-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Tim

Thanks for the reply. I try a few commercial including boundary and defence.
Some product warn not to put directly on the lawn while other will wash right
out after the sprinkler come on. I need to keep applying every other day. I
am thinking put chili and pepper powder on the lawn but not sure if it will
damage the grass? I also get some suggestion of using moth crystal, will that
hurt the grass?
Thanks.

Old 26-09-2003, 12:18 AM

Tim wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I try a few commercial including boundary and
defence. Some product warn not to put directly on the lawn while other
will wash right out after the sprinkler come on. I need to keep applying
every other day. I am thinking put chili and pepper powder on the lawn
but not sure if it will damage the grass? I also get some suggestion of
using moth crystal, will that hurt the grass?
Thanks.

Most oder deterrents such as pepper, moth balls etc, prove to be
futile, mostly because of the re-application factor you've mentioned.

Tell your neighbor to buy an invisible fence, and/or a shock collar.

(he needs to control his dog)

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month