Old 27-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Usenet User

Default Kill Clover!

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Frustrating

Old 27-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Steveo

Usenet User wrote:
Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Frustrating

Who does the job is your call..how many sq ft of grass do you have?
Old 28-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Doug G

Usenet User wrote:
Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

If more applications of the regular Weed-B-Gon don't kill it, try the
Weed-B-Gon for chickweed, clover and oxalis.

Product info: http://tinyurl.com/3f4aj

Old 28-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Peter H

"Usenet User" wrote in message

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Frustrating

Sounds like you almost got it w/ the B-Gone (sp?) stuff. Sorry but I'm not
familiar w/ the product. I am very familiar w/ clover though. With most of
the weed sprays you can safely reapply in 2 weeks. Maybe a second
application would help.

Peter H

Old 28-05-2004, 02:14 AM
William W. Plummer

"Usenet User" wrote in message

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Funny about clover. About 50 years ago, clover was purposely added to
lawns. It spread easly, was green, and looked fine. I can remember my Dad
agonizing about how much white clover to add to the grass seed he was
buying. Then we invented broad-leaf weed killers, and clover was killed.
Now we think of clover as an evil weed.

Old 28-05-2004, 02:15 AM
Steveo

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
"Usenet User" wrote in message

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Funny about clover. About 50 years ago, clover was purposely added to
lawns. It spread easly, was green, and looked fine. I can remember my
Dad agonizing about how much white clover to add to the grass seed he was
buying. Then we invented broad-leaf weed killers, and clover was
killed. Now we think of clover as an evil weed.

You're showing your age now, William. Remember bentgrass lawns?
Old 22-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Heidi the Horrible

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message

"Usenet User" wrote in message

Hi,

The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used
to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late
fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with
those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but
not dead.

Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better
call some landscapers?

I am in Maryland, BTW.

Funny about clover. About 50 years ago, clover was purposely added to
lawns. It spread easly, was green, and looked fine. I can remember my Dad
agonizing about how much white clover to add to the grass seed he was
buying. Then we invented broad-leaf weed killers, and clover was killed.
Now we think of clover as an evil weed.

I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive.
Clover is a weed I can live with.

HtH

Old 22-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Steveo

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive.
Clover is a weed I can live with.

Can you walk barefoot without crying about bee stings?
Old 22-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Heidi the Horrible

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive.
Clover is a weed I can live with.

Can you walk barefoot without crying about bee stings?

Bees are people too. They like the clover and so do I. We can all live
together.

Old 22-06-2004, 04:07 AM
Steveo

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive.
Clover is a weed I can live with.

Can you walk barefoot without crying about bee stings?

Bees are people too. They like the clover and so do I.

Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Old 23-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Heidi the Horrible

Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Who is Helga ?

Old 23-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Steveo

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Who is Helga ?

Dunno..i just figured with a name like Heidi the Horrible you
might know a Helga.
Old 23-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Heidi the Horrible

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Who is Helga ?

Dunno..i just figured with a name like Heidi the Horrible you
might know a Helga.

Don't know any Helgas. "The" is a family name passed down for generations.
I'm a distant relative of Winnie The Pooh and Atilla The Hun and perhaps
Ivan The Terrible but I can't quite trace the link.

Old 24-06-2004, 12:06 AM
GFRfan

Heidi the Horrible wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:

Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Who is Helga ?

Dunno..i just figured with a name like Heidi the Horrible you
might know a Helga.

Don't know any Helgas. "The" is a family name passed down for generations.
I'm a distant relative of Winnie The Pooh and Atilla The Hun and perhaps
Ivan The Terrible but I can't quite trace the link.

fuh-uh-unny. [:^)

--
Yard and Garden Handyman
Old 24-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Steveo

"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Heidi the Horrible" wrote:
Hey Heidi, does Helga like em' too?

Who is Helga ?

Dunno..i just figured with a name like Heidi the Horrible you
might know a Helga.

Don't know any Helgas. "The" is a family name passed down for
generations. I'm a distant relative of Winnie The Pooh and Atilla The Hun
and perhaps Ivan The Terrible but I can't quite trace the link.

Hehehe...you owe me a new keyboard..I just spewed Pepsi all over this one.