Old 26-07-2004, 03:02 PM
William W. Plummer

Default Trumpet vine

We enjoy our trumpet vine because it looks nice and attracts humming
birds. But it seems to be sending up shoots 6+ feet away from the main
trunk. Is there a way to control those shoots? They are not welcome
in the vegetable garden or my neighbor's yard.

Old 26-07-2004, 08:02 PM
GFRfan

Steveo wrote:
"William W. Plummer" wrote:

We enjoy our trumpet vine because it looks nice and attracts humming
birds. But it seems to be sending up shoots 6+ feet away from the main
trunk. Is there a way to control those shoots? They are not welcome
in the vegetable garden or my neighbor's yard.

Prune?

You mean they are growing out of the ground at 6' away? You need to root
prune. It'll help the bloom too. You or your neighbor will still have to
deal with shoots for a while though.
Old 26-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Steveo

GFRfan wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"William W. Plummer" wrote:

We enjoy our trumpet vine because it looks nice and attracts humming
birds. But it seems to be sending up shoots 6+ feet away from the main
trunk. Is there a way to control those shoots? They are not welcome
in the vegetable garden or my neighbor's yard.

Prune?

You mean they are growing out of the ground at 6' away? You need to root
prune. It'll help the bloom too. You or your neighbor will still have to
deal with shoots for a while though.

Grand Funk Railroad?
Old 27-07-2004, 12:12 AM
GFRfan

Steveo wrote:
GFRfan wrote:

Steveo wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote:

We enjoy our trumpet vine because it looks nice and attracts humming
birds. But it seems to be sending up shoots 6+ feet away from the main
trunk. Is there a way to control those shoots? They are not welcome
in the vegetable garden or my neighbor's yard.

Prune?

You mean they are growing out of the ground at 6' away? You need to root
prune. It'll help the bloom too. You or your neighbor will still have to
deal with shoots for a while though.

Grand Funk Railroad?

Yes Grand Funk Railroad.