Old 17-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Chet Hayes

Default The Biggest Loser - At it again

The stupidity of this show continues. As of this episode, there are
two people disabled with ankle injuries, one with a knee injury, and
one girl got a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

Last night's episode had a challenge to see which team could get to
the top of a 73 story building by running up the stairs the fastest.
One girl was having difficulty breathing and having a serious panic
attack at the half way point. They took her to the ER with a BP of
214.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone die on this show. What NBC is
doing is totally irresponsible. I have to wonder about what kind of
doctors they are using that allow this type of abuse and unsafe
practices to go on. IMO, they should be reported to the medical
boards.
Old 17-11-2004, 01:19 PM
LFR

"Chet Hayes" wrote in message
om...
The stupidity of this show continues. As of this episode, there are
two people disabled with ankle injuries, one with a knee injury, and
one girl got a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

Last night's episode had a challenge to see which team could get to
the top of a 73 story building by running up the stairs the fastest.
One girl was having difficulty breathing and having a serious panic
attack at the half way point. They took her to the ER with a BP of
214.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone die on this show. What NBC is
doing is totally irresponsible. I have to wonder about what kind of
doctors they are using that allow this type of abuse and unsafe
practices to go on. IMO, they should be reported to the medical
boards.

I'm sure the contestants were told at gunpoint that they had to play these
stupid games in from of the cameras or their (mother, father, brother,
sister, son, daughter, husband,wife, grandparents) would die a painful
death. I'm also sure they are doing it for free because they like the idea
of being on national television.

You don't have to watch that BS. This is the USA...you have a choice...why
not turn off the boob tube and read a good book.

Old 17-11-2004, 01:23 PM
William W. Plummer

Chet Hayes wrote:
The stupidity of this show continues. As of this episode, there are
two people disabled with ankle injuries, one with a knee injury, and
one girl got a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

Last night's episode had a challenge to see which team could get to
the top of a 73 story building by running up the stairs the fastest.
One girl was having difficulty breathing and having a serious panic
attack at the half way point. They took her to the ER with a BP of
214.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone die on this show. What NBC is
doing is totally irresponsible. I have to wonder about what kind of
doctors they are using that allow this type of abuse and unsafe
practices to go on. IMO, they should be reported to the medical
boards.

So don't watch it. When the audience goes away, sponsors will not
support the program. And, you will cease being annoyed and complaining.
Old 17-11-2004, 04:57 PM
timothy

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:57:46 -0800, Chet Hayes wrote:

The stupidity of this show continues. As of this episode, there are
two people disabled with ankle injuries, one with a knee injury, and
one girl got a trip to the ER in an ambulance.

Last night's episode had a challenge to see which team could get to
the top of a 73 story building by running up the stairs the fastest.
One girl was having difficulty breathing and having a serious panic
attack at the half way point. They took her to the ER with a BP of
214.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone die on this show. What NBC is
doing is totally irresponsible. I have to wonder about what kind of
doctors they are using that allow this type of abuse and unsafe
practices to go on. IMO, they should be reported to the medical
boards.

Really, what's worse? The Biggest Loser... How about fear factor? Eatin'
cooked rats that have been blended sounds safe. How about the swan? Let's
go have major surgery for entertainment sake. How about wife swap..? Send
complete opposites to live in different homes with different values and
see what shakes out.......

I'd suggest that you un-plug your t.v. and take sissors and cut the cord.
If your conserned about over-population of the earth... omit the
un-pluggin' part 80)

Old 18-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Chet Hayes

timothy wrote in message news:1100710647.OMA61SuFyxShxX4IGKHvIA@teranews. ..
[...]

Just for the record, in case anyone is wondering what this post is
doing here, I posted it on the wrong newsgroup by mistake. As for
those that suggest just turning off the TV, I don't understand your
outlook. I don't see anything wrong in discussing controversial
topics instead of looking the other way and ignoring them.
Old 23-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Dave

(Chet Hayes) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Usually that is the case. But in a free market, if a product is
ignored by enough consumers, then that product goes away to make way
for a new one. If enough people contact the companies that sponsor
these shows and let them know that they are no longer going to use
their products or services then they tend to re-think their
advertising. Key word is enough. A few won't cut it.