Old 22-12-2004, 09:47 AM
uvdoc

Default ground ivey

Does anyone know a good and affordable way to get rid of ground ivy its
about to take over my back yard even in the winter it grows I live in
eastern Virginia thanks Jim

Old 22-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Doug G

http://tinyurl.com/5443h
Old 22-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Peter H

Doug G wrote:

uvdoc wrote:

Does anyone know a good and affordable way to get rid of ground ivy its
about to take over my back yard even in the winter it grows I live in
eastern Virginia thanks Jim

http://tinyurl.com/5443h

Any good 3-way liguid weed killer will get it, but you have to go after
it when it's actively growing and hit it at least 3 times, waiting about
2 weeks between applications.

If the chemicals make you nervous I'm afraid that you are out of luck.

Peter H
Old 24-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Eric

Peter H wrote:

Doug G wrote:

uvdoc wrote:

Does anyone know a good and affordable way to get rid of ground ivy its
about to take over my back yard even in the winter it grows I live in
eastern Virginia thanks Jim

http://tinyurl.com/5443h

Any good 3-way liguid weed killer will get it, but you have to go after
it when it's actively growing and hit it at least 3 times, waiting about
2 weeks between applications.

If the chemicals make you nervous I'm afraid that you are out of luck.

Peter H

Nope, you can do what i did... Take a pick-axe to it and dig it all up,
roots and all. took me 2 weeks, then i laid down a mat of ground cloth and
put crushed rock on top of that, now i have a low/no maintenance area that
borders my concrete patio and it looks great.
Eric

My Ivey Rick United Kingdom 7 19-09-2004 09:17 PM
how to get above ground pump to work on a below ground pond. matt clark Ponds 8 06-08-2003 02:12 AM
Flagstone Labyrinth/Ground Cover trayn Gardening 9 20-06-2003 08:38 AM
Ground Cover Suggestions Needed Erika Gardening 2 31-03-2003 03:32 PM
How can robins live with snow on the ground? SAS567 Gardening 4 22-02-2003 09:03 AM