Old 24-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Noozer

Default Spray that will kill grass only?

There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to find a
way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in. I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get and
and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Old 26-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Peter H

"Noozer" wrote in message
There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to find

way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in.

I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get and
and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Unless the other plants that you wish to preserve are hardy, shrubs I am
afraid that you are out of luck. There is no such chemical that I have ever
heard of.

Peter H

Old 26-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Steveo

"Peter H" wrote:
"Noozer" wrote in message
There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to
find

way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in.

I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get
and and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering
what other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Unless the other plants that you wish to preserve are hardy, shrubs I am
afraid that you are out of luck. There is no such chemical that I have
ever heard of.

Peter H

Got that right, Peter. Round-up kills everything but doesn't poison
the soil. I've had fair success with a wick application and 5%
tracker dye added to the mix. You still have to be careful tho.
Old 28-04-2005, 09:49 AM
mightyslow

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:59:29 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to find a
way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants filling in. I've
pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is difficult to get and
and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Try Ornamec 170 Grass herbicide.
I bought mine he

http://www.wildseedfarms.com/ornamec.htm
Old 28-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Steveo

mightyslow mightyjoe.comcast.net wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:59:29 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

There are a few areas where the grass is taking over and I'd like to
find a way to spray out the grass without killing the other plants
filling in. I've pretty much pulled all that I can, but some of it is
difficult to get and and I always miss some.

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering
what other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Try Ornamec 170 Grass herbicide.
I bought mine he

http://www.wildseedfarms.com/ornamec.htm

I'd test it on a small area first.

"We only recommend the use of this product to control grass which invades
your wildflowers; any other applications are at the users own risk."

Old 28-04-2005, 03:06 PM
JoeT

"Noozer" wrote in message

Can someone suggest a spray that will kill grass only? Also wondering what
other types of plants I should avoid spraying with this chemical.

Thanks!

Even if you do find something the says it "kills grass only" I'd recommend
you to avoid applying it to *any* vegetation you don't want dead.

Old 29-04-2005, 12:19 AM

I don't know of anything that kills grass only, but maybe someday soon
there will be. We all know Roundup kills just about anything. Yet,
they have genetically engineered crops like soybeans and cotton so they
can be sprayed with it. The weeds die and the soybeans live. I was
pretty amazed when I first learned that!