Old 13-05-2005, 03:13 AM

I see, so it's OK to put chemicals on food that goes in your mouth,
it's just not ok for some of us to do it with lawns. Maybe that

makes
sense to you, but not to me or most people.

"Do you think they're the same chemicals?"

No, I don't think it, I know it to be true. There are some chemicals
that are used in both environments. Glyphosate (Roundup) is a good
example of one.

"As I said, you have a political and cultural agenda. "

That's real special coming from a guy who uses the word "thugs"
repeatedly to refer to lawn care professionals who use chemicals to
treat lawns. BTW, how did the PETA and ELF meetings go?

Old 13-05-2005, 03:28 AM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
I see, so it's OK to put chemicals on food that goes in your mouth,
it's just not ok for some of us to do it with lawns. Maybe that

makes
sense to you, but not to me or most people.

"Do you think they're the same chemicals?"

No, I don't think it, I know it to be true. There are some chemicals
that are used in both environments. Glyphosate (Roundup) is a good
example of one.

Name 10 chemicals that are NOT used in both environments, and tell me where
you found out about them. You have until 6:30 AM Friday.

"As I said, you have a political and cultural agenda. "

That's real special coming from a guy who uses the word "thugs"
repeatedly to refer to lawn care professionals who use chemicals to
treat lawns. BTW, how did the PETA and ELF meetings go?

What's the deal here? Are you alienated from one of your children because
you like to go fishing? I have nothing to do with either of the
organizations you mentioned. Who told you to mention them? You certainly
didn't come up with them by yourself.

Old 13-05-2005, 03:47 AM

"Name 10 chemicals that are NOT used in both environments, and tell me
where
you found out about them. You have until 6:30 AM Friday."

Gee, I feel for you. You've gotten so confused, now you're arguing
with yourself. When I said you were irrational because you would eat
crops that were treated with chemicals, but think anyone who uses them
on lawns is a thug, you retorted with:

"Do you think they're the same chemicals?"

But now you say:

"Name 10 chemicals that are NOT used in both environments"

Try not to think about that reversal and contradiction. It could be
like matter meeting anti-matter. Your brain may explode or something.

"I have nothing to do with either of the
organizations you mentioned. Who told you to mention them? You
certainly
didn't come up with them by yourself."

And now we can add paranoia to the mix!

Old 13-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My chemical question, and my "who told you to say that" comment are
justified because I realized yesterday that I was dealing with a Limbaugh
clone. Most of them have been put back in storage since the election this
past November, but apparently, some remain activated, like you. If you think
about it, I'm doing you a favor. If I can help you break your link to the
mother ship, the resulting knowledge you gain may save your life someday.

So, about the 10 chemicals: You said some are used on both food and
ornamental crops. To test your knowledge, if any, I'm curious if you're
familiar with 10 which are NOT shared between the two industries. Then, in
lesson two, we'll discuss WHY they are not shared.

The PETA/fishing question: There has to be some reason you jumped to that
conclusion, so I took a shot and guessed that you've been attacked by
someone close to you, probably for an innocent activity like fishing. If
this is NOT the case, than you are simply spouting what you've been told to
by....whom? Rush? Savage?

Old 13-05-2005, 01:33 PM

[...]

Heh, Doug, this is a lawn/garden newsgroup. Don't try to turn it into
a political forum. One thing I like about clowns like you is your
condescending attitude, which is so easily exposed. You think
everyone who doesn't share your extremist views, is stupid, can't think
for themselves and that they must be getting told what to say. Like I
call up some national political commentator and ask "I'm arguing with
an idiot on a newsgroup, what should I say next?" LOL And I know
you'll say "My views aren't extreme!" I think most of us know that
anyone who routinely calls people who put chemicals on lawns "thugs",
is in fact an extremist. Once you see crap like that, it's easy to
figure out where you're coming from.

As for your test, we all know there are no right answers that would
satisfy you. You can't even figure out if some chemicals are used
both in the home environment and on food crops. First you were on one
side, then the other. Strange for a guy who eats vegetables treated
with chemicals, but won't spray a weed. And now you want ME to take a
test? ROFLMAO!

Old 13-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

Heh, Doug, this is a lawn/garden newsgroup. Don't try to turn it into
a political forum.

It wasn't me who dragged extreme pseudo-environmental nonsense into this,
like PETA. That was YOUR contribution.