Old 02-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Eduard Nemirovsky

Default ChemLawn

Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Patch

"Eduard Nemirovsky" wrote in message
Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

I always felt like I was short-changed on the lawn treatments. They once

killed all the fish my Wife had in a lily-pool. What really chapped my hide
was the time they sprayed my yard for weed control when it was raining! I
think a person would have to be present when they came out to insure the job
was done correctly. We aren't using them this summer.

Old 02-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Timothy

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:58:04 -0400, Eduard Nemirovsky wrote:

Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

Well I did a quick search with google using "chemlawn complaints" and got
some major hits. I'm sure if you added your location to the search you
would get even more details.
Imho (in my humble opinion) chemlawn and the like are a big waste of
money. You'd be better off ( not to mention safer) with the kid down the
street pulling your weeds and mowing your lawn. Or you could hire a local
yawn company instead of a huge national chain who could care less about
you and your property.

Here's a link to a great page on natural lawn care from the city of
Seattle:
http://www.ci.seattle.wa.us/util/lawncare/

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com
Bellingham, Washington

Old 02-06-2003, 04:56 PM

They totally killed my neighbor's yard last year.

About 4 years ago I used them....I think they either pretended to
spray, or sprayed with water. There was no effect...they can't even
kill dandelions.

Waste of money.

Just buy the stuff at WalMart and put it down where you want, when you
want.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Eduard Nemirovsky

Thanks for advice.

Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 PM

"Eduard Nemirovsky" wrote:
Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

Go with a local outfit.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 02-06-2003, 05:20 PM

Dont.
I tried to get them to aerate my yard. I called them set-up a date they
never showed. Set-up another date still didnt show. Been 3 weeks.
Called them, the lady said they would be at my house in two days guess
what? didnt show. This was last year. This spring they call me asking if
if I would like a spring lawn service. I said "Hell NO!" told her my
experience and to never call again.

Old 03-06-2003, 01:44 AM

"Timothy" wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:58:04 -0400, Eduard Nemirovsky wrote:

Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

Well I did a quick search with google using "chemlawn complaints" and got
some major hits. I'm sure if you added your location to the search you
would get even more details.

Try tru green, they bought chemlawn years ago, along with barefoot
grass and leisure lawn to name a few. (they want to buy me too)

Imho (in my humble opinion) chemlawn and the like are a big waste of
money. You'd be better off ( not to mention safer) with the kid down the
street pulling your weeds and mowing your lawn.

Mowing yes, weeding the lawn NO.

Or you could hire a local
yawn company instead of a huge national chain who could care less about
you and your property.

Good advice.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 04-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Fay

"Eduard Nemirovsky" wrote in
:

Any suggestion about using ChemLawn service, please.

They killed about half my grass and then said it wasn't their fault. It
died two days after the treatment.
Old 14-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Ron B

Personally, I used Tru-Green Chemlawn for three seasons. I still had major
weed problems and so much clover that I thought that I was Irish.

I stopped the service this year and applied a hearty dose of Scotts and wish
that I had done so years ago. My yard is much greener and better looking.
I was told that last year was hard due to drought conditions, but I watered
my yard frequently and long.

IMHO, you are better off doing it yourself. At least you know when and how
much product you have applied.

Ron

On 12-06-03 6:39, in article ,
"RUKind" wrote:12-06-03 6:39

Hey Now
On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 02:05:06 GMT, " wrote:

On 03 Jun 2003 00:44:36 GMT,
wrote:

Try tru green, they bought chemlawn years ago, along with barefoot
grass and leisure lawn to name a few. (they want to buy me too)

NO!!!
My experience with them was AFTER they all merged.

They suck.

I had Tru-green Chem Lawn and was very disappointed with the results.
Sure they would come back out for an extra "no charge" treatment but
that still wouldn't help.
Was not impressed so I quit using them.
They really sucked
Avoid.