Old 19-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Frank Dillon

Default Poison Ivy

Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy?
Thanks for any help,
Frank
Old 19-05-2005, 09:34 PM

Roundup (glyphosate) mixed to about 8% works.

Old 20-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:31:06 GMT, Frank Dillon
wrote:

Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy?
Thanks for any help,
Frank

As I understand it, it is best to spray poison ivy
rather than pull it out. If you do pull it out,
make sure you're well protected and get
the roots. Otherwise, the ivy will be
back. I believe Ortho has a specific
weed killer for poison ivy.

If the ivy is entwined within your garden,
try rubber gloves with cotton gloves
over them. Dip the gloves into the
herbicide and use your hands to
apply. Make sure you're wrapped up
good with long pants bottoms taped
and long sleeved shirt taped up. Be
just as careful taking the work clothes
off, too.

Thunder
Old 20-05-2005, 09:31 PM
- Tom -

"Frank Dillon" wrote in message
ink.net...
Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy?
Thanks for any help,
Frank

Attach wires to the top and bottom of a 1.5 volt C or D cell - alkaline or
not, doesn't matter. Implant the wires in the ivy no more than two inches
apart and no more than five inches above the ground. I suggest tinning the
stripped ends of stranded wire so that implantation is easier. Just let the
current flow through the ivy. This is legal in all 50 states. Then, treat
the ivy with glyphosate. Remove the battery when the ivy appears to wither
and die.

--
Tom

Old 21-05-2005, 12:06 AM
red

- Tom - wrote:
"Frank Dillon" wrote in message
ink.net...

Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy?
Thanks for any help,
Frank

Attach wires to the top and bottom of a 1.5 volt C or D cell - alkaline or
not, doesn't matter. Implant the wires in the ivy no more than two inches
apart and no more than five inches above the ground. I suggest tinning the
stripped ends of stranded wire so that implantation is easier. Just let the
current flow through the ivy. This is legal in all 50 states. Then, treat
the ivy with glyphosate. Remove the battery when the ivy appears to wither
and die.

--
Tom

what is the battery for?

Old 21-05-2005, 03:19 AM
- Tom -

"red" wrote in message
- Tom - wrote:
"Frank Dillon" wrote in message
ink.net...

Is there any home remedies to kill poison ivy?
Thanks for any help,
Frank

Attach wires to the top and bottom of a 1.5 volt C or D cell - alkaline
or not, doesn't matter. Implant the wires in the ivy no more than two
inches apart and no more than five inches above the ground. I suggest
tinning the stripped ends of stranded wire so that implantation is
easier. Just let the current flow through the ivy. This is legal in all
50 states. Then, treat the ivy with glyphosate. Remove the battery when
the ivy appears to wither and die.

--
Tom

what is the battery for?

My home remedies are like my home cookin'. Nothin's written down, I just
throws it together what comes to mind. The battery's just to give the ivy
something to dull the pain whilst it's getting a dose of glyphosate.

cue "A Spoonful of Sugar"
Just an ampere of current makes the glyphosate go down.
The glyphosate go down, the glyphosate go down....

--
Tom

Old 01-06-2005, 03:07 PM

salt poured around the plant will kill it.

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM