Old 03-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Spike

Default Mower problem

Getting ready to take a Snapper 26" w/B&S 7 hp back to dealer for warranty
work. Since I'm not very mechanically inclined, would like to know if
anyone give me any insight b/4 it goes back.

Picked this up less than 2 weeks ago, new. After my first mowing, it had a
miss in it, so to the dealer it went. Had a carburetor leak.

The second mowing went fine. Now, went to mow for the third time and the
pull start was "locked". It wouldn't pull for anything. After a few tries,
it pulled fine. Had to refuel during the mow, and pulled fine. B/4 I put
it away, I cleaned under the mower, fueled up, and tried to start. It's
like froze again.

I'm sure my problem will be resolved at the dealer, but does anyone know
what could be causing this lock out on the pull start?

I'm beginning to think I got a lemon /

Old 03-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Srgnt Billko

You got a "lemon" - should have saved yourself a couple hundred and bought
one of the MTD brands

Old 03-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Spike

"Srgnt Billko" wrote
You got a "lemon" - should have saved yourself a couple hundred and bought
one of the MTD brands

Thanks, but I don't shop box stores.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:36:37 GMT, "Spike" wrote:

Getting ready to take a Snapper 26" w/B&S 7 hp back to dealer for warranty
work. Since I'm not very mechanically inclined, would like to know if
anyone give me any insight b/4 it goes back.

Picked this up less than 2 weeks ago, new. After my first mowing, it had a
miss in it, so to the dealer it went. Had a carburetor leak.

The second mowing went fine. Now, went to mow for the third time and the
pull start was "locked". It wouldn't pull for anything. After a few tries,
it pulled fine. Had to refuel during the mow, and pulled fine. B/4 I put
it away, I cleaned under the mower, fueled up, and tried to start. It's
like froze again.

I'm sure my problem will be resolved at the dealer, but does anyone know
what could be causing this lock out on the pull start?

I'm beginning to think I got a lemon /

I'm not an expert but I'd look for something that is braking the
blade. Some mowers have a brake to stop the blade as a
safety feature. Count this be on your's? Is something still
engaged?

Thunder
Old 03-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Squanklin

I had a similar problem with a Murray mower - turns out it was my
fault, not the unit. Because my grass was thick and wet, I had to
clean out the undercarriage a few times. When I did so, I tilted the
mower to reach underneath and pull out the clogged grass clippings
(after stopping the blade and turning the engine off, of course).

In doing so, I tipped the mower too much and flooded the carburetor,
resulting in a similar "lock up" that you seem to have.

A small engine shop in my neighborhood fixed me right up and warned me
about tipping the mower. "Always keep the carburetor on the high
side," he said.

With your previous carburetor problem, I wonder if that's where I would
question the dealer.

Good luck,
Squanklin