Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Registered User

Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA
Default Zone 7

What are the low winter temperatures down in the Durham area? Am trying to determine what plants that grow down there might stand a chance up here on the Cape....there is a constant discussion as to whetheer we are zone 7 or zone 6....on the odd times our low for the winter drops down to zero.......Harold
Old 05-08-2005, 05:16 PM

On 2005-08-04, Harold wrote:

What are the low winter temperatures down in the Durham area? Am
trying to determine what plants that grow down there might stand a
chance up here on the Cape....there is a constant discussion as to
whetheer we are zone 7 or zone 6....on the odd times our low for the
winter drops down to zero.......Harold

Cape Cod or Hatteras or Canaveral?

is a garbage address.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Anne Lurie

Um, I'm assuming that by "Cape" you mean you are near the ocean? in which
case, we here at triangle.gardens in middle of North Carolina might not be
so familiar with oceanside gardening! (At least not until I win the lottery
and buy that beach house, at which point I will let the gardener figure
things out!)

Cape? Maybe Cape Horn or Cape of Good Hope?

Anne

--
Harold

Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Chuck

From the poster's email address, I suspect he is speaking of the
"Durham area" of the UK. If so, even if we told him the low temps here,
we'd have to convert to Celcius or whatever it is they use everywhere
else in the world. But I found an interesting site in Durham as such:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/botanic.garden/

Cheerio (I'm bilingual),

Charles