Old 17-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Elizabeth

Default Japanese maple farm?

Hi all,

Somewhere outside of Raleigh I remember a grower who has only Japanese
maples. I would like to go there, if he is still in business. Does anybody
remember where he is located? I seem to remember passing by there once, so
it must not be far, but I can't remember where it is. And does anyone know
if he is open all year?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Old 17-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Marcy Hege

There was a Japanese maple grower on Glenwood Avenue until the development won.
Seem to remember they moved to Franklin County but not sure.

Old 17-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bobby Baxter

They are now near the intersection (east, towards Wake Forest) of Six Forks
and Hwy 98 on 98.

For Japanese Maples I doubt you will get a better deal than you would if you
bought by mail from Dune Lane Nursery at http://daylily.net/dunelanenursery/

Check out his site and then give him a call. I bet he will make you a deal.

Bobby

--
Bobby Baxter
TheGardenSite.com

TheGardenSite.com: http://thegardensite.com
Daylily Gardens Of The World: http://daylily.net/gardens
Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/gardens
Iris Gardens Of The World: http://thegardensite.com/irises
Daylily.Net: http://daylily.net
GardenTalk Forum: http://thegardensite.com/info-gardentalk.htm

Old 17-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Lewis Spurlin

Last year there was a man who lived in South Raleigh that was on the WPTF
flea market on Sundays who sold them from his home. They were 2 years old
and If I remember correctly he sold them for either $10.00 or $20.00 a piece

Old 18-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Raleighgirl

There's also a couple on Strickland Rd, beside the Southern
States, that sells 2 varieties of red maples; not sure of the
prices but I've heard they are reasonable.
Jw

"Lewis Spurlin" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| Last year there was a man who lived in South Raleigh that was
on the WPTF
| flea market on Sundays who sold them from his home. They were 2
years old
| and If I remember correctly he sold them for either $10.00 or
$20.00 a piece

| "Bobby Baxter" wrote
in message

Old 18-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Tomatolord

yes he moved off of 98 - Luther Bunch was his name, He bought his land for
60k in 1965 and sold it for 2.3 million!! Not a bad retirement plan if you
ask me....

I have 2 of luthers maples and one died, which was really my fault and the
other grows about 6 inches a year. He was open year round before. He grows
all of his plants on site in a small groves.

good luck

tomatolord
rthlink.net...