Old 07-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Jane Peppler

Default WTB: brick

I need about 3 cubes of bricks (to cover 330 square feet, or about 1600
bricks). I've been to see the ones at Scott Sand & Stone and think they
look kind of institutional. Anybody have a lot of bricks to sell, or
know a place where used or old bricks are sold at non-boutique prices?

Jane

Old 07-05-2003, 09:56 PM

In article , Jane Peppler wrote:
I need about 3 cubes of bricks (to cover 330 square feet, or about 1600
bricks). I've been to see the ones at Scott Sand & Stone and think they
look kind of institutional. Anybody have a lot of bricks to sell, or
know a place where used or old bricks are sold at non-boutique prices?

Have you tried triangle.wanted and triangle.forsale. I would post a
WTB: Brick to both

Last year I found someone wanting to sell about a 1000+ from a patio
project and paid something like a dime a brick. Of course these were
building bricks with the 3 holes and not paving brick. Paving brick are
going to be much more expensive and harder to come by. You may stumble
on to some at the habitat for humanity reuse center off hodges street,
but probably not 1600 of them. Good luck.

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)
Old 07-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Default brick

Jane,

I have no clue what a "cube" of bricks is, but I have a pallet(?) still
banded of bricks that were apparently left over from building the addition
to my house.

What I call a pallet is probably a cube of bricks, but here's the important
part -- the bricks are free! Absolutely free to anyone who'll take them
away!

I've been trying to convince hubby for years to "free the bricks" but he
kept insisting he'd do something with them "any day now"......sigh.

I also have a few more (100? maybe) that were used only for bordering our
vegetable garden -- nothing wrong with them except for the curses I cast
upon each & every one when I "undid" the border. (Okay, okay, some of them
may have been slightly damaged when I threw them at the pine trees in my
frustration.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh
919-266-7592

Old 08-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Jane Peppler

Hi Anne,

Wow! What an offer. Thanks for making it. Are these solid bricks? (The
ones with holes would not work with a patio) What color are they?

Gratefully,
Jane

Old 08-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Arwen Long

Well, Anne,
I don't really care what color they are etc... If Jane doesn't like them,
tell me where you live and I'll probably come to take them away.
Arwen

Old 09-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Raleighgirl

Hahaha. I'll take whatever Arwen doesn't!
Jeny

pub.duke.edu...