Old 10-05-2004, 11:10 PM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Carolina Wren Update

I thought my four must have been babies leaving the nest, because the last
fe mornings it had been much noisier than usual, and the birds were doing
short runs to the nearest branch of the white pine.

Guess they are all grown and gone, because there is neither sound nor sight
of them now. That's all for them till next year. I hope the same parents
come back again, 2005 would be the 4th year!

Thanks for the ID work!

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

Old 11-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Anne Lurie

According to The Birder's Handbook (an excellent resource), Carolina Wrens
have 2 broods in the north, and often 3 broods in the south. Pairs remain
together throughout the year on permanent territories. Male prepares nest
and takes charge of feeding young while female begins new clutch. (I'm not
sure whether this means she reuses the same nest, though.)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in
message nk.net...

Old 12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Sandie Hudson

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...
According to The Birder's Handbook (an excellent resource), Carolina Wrens
have 2 broods in the north, and often 3 broods in the south. Pairs remain
together throughout the year on permanent territories. Male prepares nest
and takes charge of feeding young while female begins new clutch. (I'm

not
sure whether this means she reuses the same nest, though.)

In my experience they will reuse the same nest. And if you remove the nest,
they'll build another in the same place if they can.

--
Sandie
- Don't forget to take the cats out.