Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Lisa C.

Default hanging plants - suggestion?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some dramatic and interesting hanging plants for my
wedding. We would like to suspend two of these from shepherd's hooks
to serve as decorations.

I'm curious to know if you have any favorite plants that would serve
this purpose well. They'd need to be flowering in the Fall or, if they
aren't flowering plants, just be pretty. For flowering plants, the
color scheme we prefer is something with white or deep red flowers. I
also would like for the plant to have hanging-down tendrils that can
drape out of the pot.

I know that we could use Pothos, but it's not my first choice for
this. I guess we could also use spider plants, but again, not quite
what we're looking for.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Lisa
Old 11-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Pauline Leveille

I'm not sure about when they bloom, folks in this group would
know better, but I'm in love with the Bleeding Heart that we
have in a hanging basket on our porch now. It is loving the
hot summer weather, so it may not be so great in the fall,
but around here, you never know!

The flowers on mine are like this one, red and white, with dark
green leaves:

http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/408/

I bought it at a booth at the Farmer's Market.

Pauline

news