Old 28-03-2005, 02:42 AM
Reuben Massey

Default pruning ficus?

I have a ficus tree that I've kept indoors for approximately the past 10
years. It's growing a lot lately and looks to be getting out of hand... How
should I prune it? Or should I?
Thanks.

Old 28-03-2005, 10:48 AM
L. Mormino

I prune mine every spring when it goes out for the summer. The trimmings
will root if put in a pot of good soil and kept moist. I get about 90%
success in making new plants and give them away before winter freeze them.

Old 31-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Tonya Heath

L. Mormino wrote:
I prune mine every spring when it goes out for the summer. The trimmings
will root if put in a pot of good soil and kept moist. I get about 90%
success in making new plants and give them away before winter freeze them.

------

Where do you begin pruning? How far back do you go?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:57 PM
bud

you just cut enough off to make the tree manageable and pretty. I usually
cut at a node or where the branck splits. Mine will be going outside in a
few weeks and get a trim. I usually cut the really long branches and try to
shap the tree into a large kind of 'ball on the top?

"Tonya Heath" wrote in message
L. Mormino wrote:
I prune mine every spring when it goes out for the summer. The trimmings
will root if put in a pot of good soil and kept moist. I get about 90%
success in making new plants and give them away before winter freeze
them.

------

Where do you begin pruning? How far back do you go?

[IBC] Ficus Rianne root pruning Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 21-02-2005 07:26 PM
Ficus root pruning Jim Bonsai 3 21-02-2005 04:49 PM
[IBC] Very young Ficus, repot w/ or w/o root pruning? Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 2 13-04-2004 11:35 AM
Very young Ficus, repot w/ or w/o root pruning? John Bonsai 0 12-04-2004 10:05 PM
[IBC] Timing for pruning Ficus Retusa Bill Neff Bonsai 1 19-08-2003 02:04 AM