Old 31-01-2007, 11:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default C. walkeriana x intermedia

Now this tag is a mouthful!
C. walkeriana 'Pendentive' x C intermedia V. aquinii

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Attached Thumbnails
C. walkeriana x intermedia-c-walkeriana-x-c-intermedia-1302-a100-00199.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C walkeriana x C intermedia 1302 A100-00200.jpg (26.4 KB, 59 views)
Old 31-01-2007, 11:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Oh, lovely, Wendy. It really is slow here, and in rgo too.

Diana

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You know, this is probably the one time you shouldn't... or if you do be
sure you write the varieties in the database too. Becasue if you look at
the picture of a normal Walkerinter it looks nothing like yours with the
deep color and the flares from teh var. aquinii parent. And Walkerinter is
such an unimaginative, boring name....

Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Nono. Its just that hybrid regstration deals only with species, not their
varietals. So walkeriana x intermedia doesn't say squat about which color
form or whathaveyou about the parents involved in making the hybrid. Were
they splash petalled? Peloric? Coerulean? I can't remmeber if you have
OrchidWiz, but teh picture of Walkerinter in OW shows a lavendar flower, not
the splash petalled deeply colored one Wendy has. Wendy may always be able
to look up the hybrid name for her plant, but may not always recall what
parents were used to make it, if she only puts Walkerinter on the tag. Plus
IIRC there's something about C. walkeriana 'Pendentive' that some folks
think is a different plant from all other walkerianas. So its nice to know.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Mind 'splainin' this? Is it a taxo change?

Diana

. ..

Old 02-02-2007, 06:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I do have OW. Love it. I think I missed something in the original post.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Nono. Its just that hybrid regstration deals only with species, not their
varietals. So walkeriana x intermedia doesn't say squat about which
color form or whathaveyou about the parents involved in making the hybrid.
Were they splash petalled? Peloric? Coerulean? I can't remmeber if you
have OrchidWiz, but teh picture of Walkerinter in OW shows a lavendar
flower, not the splash petalled deeply colored one Wendy has. Wendy may
always be able to look up the hybrid name for her plant, but may not
always recall what parents were used to make it, if she only puts
Walkerinter on the tag. Plus IIRC there's something about C. walkeriana
'Pendentive' that some folks think is a different plant from all other
walkerianas. So its nice to know.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Mind 'splainin' this? Is it a taxo change?

Diana

. ..

"wendy7" wrote in message
Now this tag is a mouthful!
C. walkeriana 'Pendentive' x C intermedia V. aquinii

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

C.Summer Stars x walkeriana tenman Orchid Photos 1 14-11-2008 04:14 AM
L briegeri x C walkeriana K Barrett Orchid Photos 9 13-11-2007 05:52 AM
C walkeriana pics K Barrett Orchids 0 01-04-2004 06:54 PM
C walkeriana v semi alba 'Kenny' K Barrett Orchids 19 01-04-2004 06:52 PM