Old 30-03-2007, 04:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default I've Done It Again!!!

I have done it again!!!! One of my purchases has a missing tag? There
were two of these with buds opening & I know
the one I picked had a tag? My memory is so bad, I don't even remember who
I bought it from so can't check.
I think it was Lc (some kind of fire).
The other thing that I have noticed since the other buds have opened,
the sepal are fused together. Of all the luck!
Oh well it is a nice colour.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
I've Done It Again!!!-lc-fire-xhybrid1000-00515.jpg

Old 31-03-2007, 05:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:51:42 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

I have done it again!!!! One of my purchases has a missing tag? There
were two of these with buds opening & I know
the one I picked had a tag? My memory is so bad, I don't even remember who
I bought it from so can't check.

Wendy -
Do you know who you bought from in general? Send all the ones with
emails a pix and ask if they recognize it as theirs.
Tell them there were two on the bench and you thought you had the
labeled one, unfortunately the label did not make it home.

Even if it is not, they may recognize a competitors plant. Every sale
I have been to with either Alan Koch or Greg from Oak Hill either one
could identify where I bought every plant in my carrier.
SuE
Old 31-03-2007, 05:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy, do any of these sound familiar?

Lc. Fire Canoe (Lc. Lusanda x Lc. Cardinal)
Lc. Fire Dance (C. aurantiaca x Lc. Fire Island)
Lc. Fire Gem (Lc. Trick or Treat x Lc. Aussie Sunset)
Lc. Fire Island (Lc. Eva x Lc. Oro Bay)
Lc. Fire Opal (Lc. Red Dazzler x L. flava)
Lc. Fire Wing (C. Mrs. Frederick Knollys x Lc. Carol Ann Haussermann)
Lc. Fireball (C. Comet x L. tenebrosa)
Lc. Firebon (Lc. Bonanza x C. Firebird)
Lc. Firebrand (Lc. Highburiensis x C. trianae)
Lc. Firefly [1931] (Lc. Carmencita x C. Mira)
Lc. Firegloss (Lc. Firefly [1931] x C. intermedia)
Lc. Firenze (Lc. Rubens x C. Fabia)
Lc. Fires of Spring (Lc. Eva x Lc. Sun Lakes)
Lc. Firestarter (Lc. Trick or Treat x C. Warpaint)
Lc. Firewater (Lc. Jervis Bay x C. Pele)

Obviously I'm stalling going out to the GH to start tagging my suspects.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Sue, you know,
I may just try Santa Barbara Orchid Estates, a shot in the dark but a good
idea.
Thanks,
Cheers Wendy

Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Oh my Kathy, how sweet of you to take your precious time. I appreciate you
trying to help.
You are on to something about the lip, it is different to any of the Lc's?
I will hold thumbs & cross my fingers for your plants.
You know for a few years there I had been using a systemic which I believed
caused a lot of streaking &
bollixed flowers. So not knowing this at the time I had to quarentine them
so they were outside in
the elements. Most survived, flowered again, nicely. I had a couple that
had nasty streaks thru the leaves so
they got tossed.
Good luck my orchid loving sister,
Cheers Wendy

. ..

Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well, I've been telling myself that the Orthene messed things up, but I
think I have to get real. So I packed off 25 samples to Critter Creek and
we'll see how things progress. Fingers crossed, too!

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Oh my Kathy, how sweet of you to take your precious time. I appreciate you
trying to help.
You are on to something about the lip, it is different to any of the Lc's?
I will hold thumbs & cross my fingers for your plants.
You know for a few years there I had been using a systemic which I
believed caused a lot of streaking &
bollixed flowers. So not knowing this at the time I had to quarentine
them so they were outside in
the elements. Most survived, flowered again, nicely. I had a couple that
had nasty streaks thru the leaves so
they got tossed.
Good luck my orchid loving sister,
Cheers Wendy

. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I have done it again!!!! One of my purchases has a missing tag? There
were two of these with buds opening & I know
the one I picked had a tag? My memory is so bad, I don't even remember
who
I bought it from so can't check.
I think it was Lc (some kind of fire).
The other thing that I have noticed since the other buds have opened,
the sepal are fused together. Of all the luck!
Oh well it is a nice colour.
Cheers Wendy

Rate This Thread: