Old 23-04-2007, 04:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Off Topic - Nest in Cage

Here we have a rattan ornamental cage with an artificial Toucan Bird.

The humming bird nest is inside at the bottom.

Mom picked a well protected area on the patio, with food close by.

Will post a close up of the chicks.
Cheers Wendy

Psss....not really off topic, there is a Vanilla planifolia (sp?) in the
background.

Attached Thumbnails
Off Topic - Nest in Cage-hummerchicks-nest-dsc00627.jpg
Old 24-04-2007, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Well consider the Vanilla as your saving grace (that and the fact that that
nest is so AWESOME!!)

Kye.

Old 24-04-2007, 02:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy,

That is too cool! I've never seen humingbirds nest before.

I get excited each year when the bluebirds take residence in one of my
birdboxes.

Do you have a feeder near them?

Gene

Old 25-04-2007, 04:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:49:41 -0700, "Wendy7" wrote:

Here we have a rattan ornamental cage with an artificial Toucan Bird.

The humming bird nest is inside at the bottom.

Wendy -
That is neat. I thought hummingbird nests were hung so they swayed.
Did the one the other year sit on something? Cool. Can hardly wait
for the next installment.
SuE

Old 25-04-2007, 05:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Gene,
Yes they are neat & have a feeder about 6 feet away. I saw
little bobbing heads with open beaks today.
Cheers Wendy

Old 25-04-2007, 05:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi the Sue, Not sure which one I posted but no they are usually supported by
a couple of branches or twigs.
Have to prep the next set of pics.
Cheers Wendy

Old 26-04-2007, 04:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

*G* Thanks Peter, I was wondering too, when the chicks fledge, would they
come back & think the toucan
is their Dad? *G*

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Here we have a rattan ornamental cage with an artificial Toucan Bird.

The humming bird nest is inside at the bottom.

Mom picked a well protected area on the patio, with food close by.

Will post a close up of the chicks.
Cheers Wendy

Psss....not really off topic, there is a Vanilla planifolia (sp?) in the
background.

Rate This Thread: