Old 23-04-2008, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Epi parkinsonianum (Corlostylis parkinsonianum) x2

This plant is a mount with coconut fiber on cedar shingle (about 9 x 12
inches). The stem that has floers fully opened and bloomed before. The one
just opening is the first time. There is a third stem higher up that's just
beginning to send out a bloom stem. Great!
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
Epi parkinsonianum (Corlostylis parkinsonianum) x2-epi-parkinsonianum-corlostylis-parkinsonianum-4.jpg   Epi parkinsonianum (Corlostylis parkinsonianum) x2-epi-parkinsonianum-corlostylis-parkinsonianum-5.jpg
Old 24-04-2008, 06:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wowee! Now Gary, I am still convinced you have a special secret.
I have one in the greenhouse & killed two outside. Andy told me to grow them
outside.
There are a couple of new tipped roots but thats it.

Your orchid bloom rate is tremendous to say the least.
Good growing to you.
Cheers Wendy

.. .

Old 24-04-2008, 12:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I just grow it mounted like I described and grow under intermediate
condition all year. I use even water and fertilizer regimens and about 30 %
shade in summer, 0-20% shade in winter.
Gary

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wowee! Now Gary, I am still convinced you have a special secret.
I have one in the greenhouse & killed two outside. Andy told me to grow
them outside.
There are a couple of new tipped roots but thats it.

Your orchid bloom rate is tremendous to say the least.
Good growing to you.
Cheers Wendy

.. .

Old 24-04-2008, 04:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

v_coerulea wrote:
This plant is a mount with coconut fiber on cedar shingle (about 9 x 12
inches). The stem that has floers fully opened and bloomed before. The one
just opening is the first time. There is a third stem higher up that's just
beginning to send out a bloom stem. Great!
Gary

Tell me more about this

mount with coconut fiber on cedar shingle

I am only now trying to grow plants on mounts and am experimenting with
various methods and types. I haven't heard this one before. Is it simply
a raw cedar shingle such as I buy for repairing my house cedar siding?

Old 24-04-2008, 05:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ok, sounds like my house but then what types of fert do you use & do you
have
special water for your orchids. Forgive me if I have asked before.
Just had 3 root canals done yesterday afternoon & I feel like I've been in a
boxing match!
Thus the reason I am still on the computer at this time.
Cheers Wendy (Who loves your stuff)
. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wowee! Now Gary, I am still convinced you have a special secret.
I have one in the greenhouse & killed two outside. Andy told me to grow
them outside.
There are a couple of new tipped roots but thats it.

Your orchid bloom rate is tremendous to say the least.
Good growing to you.
Cheers Wendy

.. .

Old 25-04-2008, 12:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Not a problem, I understand. yesterday I had 6 shot into my back and 4 into
my hips. And forgive me for not being much help but I don't do much of
anything to our water, it's naturally 5.2 right out of the ground, sometimes
as low as 4.8 No special fertilizer, just a constant very low dose of 1 tsp/
gal. For now that works perfect for me and temp never goes below 50 F. for
only a 2 weeks or so then up to 60F lows.
The doc seems to have caught it just right. Had the shots at 8AM and slept
the rest of the day and night. This morning there's just enought ache left
to remind me I better not overdo it today but its better than I've felt in
many months.
Gary

" Wendy7" wrote in message
Ok, sounds like my house but then what types of fert do you use & do you
have
special water for your orchids. Forgive me if I have asked before.
Just had 3 root canals done yesterday afternoon & I feel like I've been in
a boxing match!
Thus the reason I am still on the computer at this time.
Cheers Wendy (Who loves your stuff)
. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wowee! Now Gary, I am still convinced you have a special secret.
I have one in the greenhouse & killed two outside. Andy told me to grow
them outside.
There are a couple of new tipped roots but thats it.

Your orchid bloom rate is tremendous to say the least.
Good growing to you.
Cheers Wendy

.. .

Old 25-04-2008, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Gary, So bottom line is that you plain & simply have that "good
growing green thumb knack"! *G*
Glad you are feeling better & you are still amazing with what you accomplish
with your medical problems.
Cannot find you on Ebay?
Cheers Wendy
. ..

" Wendy7" wrote in message
Ok, sounds like my house but then what types of fert do you use & do you
have
special water for your orchids. Forgive me if I have asked before.
Just had 3 root canals done yesterday afternoon & I feel like I've been
in a boxing match!
Thus the reason I am still on the computer at this time.
Cheers Wendy (Who loves your stuff)
. ..

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wowee! Now Gary, I am still convinced you have a special secret.
I have one in the greenhouse & killed two outside. Andy told me to grow
them outside.
There are a couple of new tipped roots but thats it.

Your orchid bloom rate is tremendous to say the least.
Good growing to you.
Cheers Wendy

"v_coerulea" wrote in message
.. .
This plant is a mount with coconut fiber on cedar shingle (about 9 x
12 inches). The stem that has floers fully opened and bloomed before.
The one just opening is the first time. There is a third stem higher
up that's just beginning to send out a bloom stem. Great!
Gary

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Epi parkinsonianum v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 13-06-2008 09:43 PM
Epidendrum parkinsonianum Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 12-06-2008 05:17 AM
Epidendrum parkinsonianum Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 16-05-2008 04:25 PM
Epi. parksonianum Sekanek Orchids 0 30-05-2003 04:10 PM
Epi. vs. Enc? Diana Kulaga Orchids 3 24-02-2003 03:53 PM