Old 24-12-2005, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default Happy Christmas to all in rgo & abpo

In our neck of the woods it's now 11.30 pm on Christmas Eve. Ann has departed
for Midnight Mass. The church bells recording is set for her return, and the
welcome candle is burning in a front window (family traditions). The Christmas
drinks are ready also.

So it's time to wish all who follow rgo and abpo a happy and peaceful Christmas
from both of us. For 2006 we wish you an enjoyable and successful year and,
especially for those who were affected by the many disasters that have plagued
2005, a year free of such difficulties.

For myself, thanks to you all for the pleasure of your companionship here in our
communities.
Dave Gillingham

Old 24-12-2005, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Niek Hanckmann

Dave Gillingham schreef:
In our neck of the woods it's now 11.30 pm on Christmas Eve. Ann has departed
for Midnight Mass. The church bells recording is set for her return, and the
welcome candle is burning in a front window (family traditions). The Christmas
drinks are ready also.

So it's time to wish all who follow rgo and abpo a happy and peaceful Christmas
from both of us. For 2006 we wish you an enjoyable and successful year and,
especially for those who were affected by the many disasters that have plagued
2005, a year free of such difficulties.

For myself, thanks to you all for the pleasure of your companionship here in our
communities.
Dave Gillingham

This might be one of the funny things of Internet! No borders or time
zones. Here in the Netherlands, I have just been making decorations for
the chapel. Within a couple of hours I too will attend Midnight Mass.

So to all the other rgo-readers:

Merry Christmas!

Greets, Niek
Old 24-12-2005, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Merry Christmas to all, and to all good night (soon for me!)
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 24-12-2005, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

....and here in Pennsylvania, I just got back from the liquor store with a
really nice bottle of champagne, which we traditionally open after midnight
service tonight (my wife and I are in the choir).

Time to go mix some mimosas (with the cheap champagne) to enjoy while
wrapping those last few presents.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah! May the Holidays and the upcoming new
year be wonderful for all.

Old 24-12-2005, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

And here in FL we were blessed today with very mild temps. The downside is
that I can't get good apple cider to spice up with rum, etc. I guess bourbon
will have to do!

The Catts are smiling, and so are we.

Merry and Happy to all in our little virtual neighborhoods. It is a pleasure
to know you all.

Diana & Frank (and Casper the Wonder Cat)

Old 24-12-2005, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Diana, you haven't been looking hard enough G Every Christmas season, my
husband makes mulled cider. Rum is also available, but you must add it
yourself.

Thanks to all for the good wishes, and especially to Dave Gillingham for his
very thoughtful message. We've suffered less damage here at JBO than many
of our friends and colleagues, but it's still been quite enough to make us
thoroughly sick and tired of hurricanes!

So, borrowing from our many Spanish-speaking neighbors -- Prospero Ano
Nuevo! Kenni

.. .

Old 24-12-2005, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:05:50 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

And here in FL we were blessed today with very mild temps. The downside is
that I can't get good apple cider to spice up with rum, etc. I guess bourbon
will have to do!

The Catts are smiling, and so are we.

Merry and Happy to all in our little virtual neighborhoods. It is a pleasure
to know you all.

Diana & Frank (and Casper the Wonder Cat)

Colorado and time to put the tree back together - (ABPO has the
explanation) - Christmas for us is tonight. Dinner is on and the
kids will be here soon. Happy Christmas to all, and Happy Hanna
ka or other celebration to the rest of you.

May the blessings of the New Year far out shine the downfalls and
May the community of RGO continue for many more years.

SuE
Old 24-12-2005, 10:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:39:48 +1000 in Dave Gillingham wrote:
In our neck of the woods it's now 11.30 pm on Christmas Eve. Ann has departed
for Midnight Mass. The church bells recording is set for her return, and the
welcome candle is burning in a front window (family traditions). The Christmas
drinks are ready also.

It's a bit past 5pm xmas eve, and I'm at work and will be here until midnight.
I get to work 2nd shift xmas day as well.
Some might say that stinks, and they'd be right.
But it also means I still have a job next year.

I hope everyone perceives all as peace and happiness.
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 25-12-2005, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John DeGood

It's a bit past 5pm xmas eve, and I'm at work and will be here until midnight.
I get to work 2nd shift xmas day as well.
Some might say that stinks, and they'd be right.
But it also means I still have a job next year.

Be thankful that your employer pays you to read r.g.o! :-)

Happy holidays,

John