Old 13-01-2006, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default san diego

Going to San Diego Saturday, until Wednesday afternoon. Anybody I
should see or avoid seeing? I won't have a car, but a friend of mine is
coming down from LA and we will do the tour Tuesday, if we can find
people who are open. Andy's is evidently not really open on Tuesday
(said we could come, but that it really wouldn't be optimal).

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 13-01-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Rob wrote:
Going to San Diego Saturday, until Wednesday afternoon. Anybody I
should see or avoid seeing? I won't have a car, but a friend of mine is
coming down from LA and we will do the tour Tuesday, if we can find
people who are open. Andy's is evidently not really open on Tuesday
(said we could come, but that it really wouldn't be optimal).

See if you can visit Fred Clark! What is he... Sunset Vally Orchids??
Outside of Oceanside??? something like that. By appointment. I've been
drooling over his awards in the AQ for years now. He grows some great
mini catts and has great catasteums, like the ones on the cover of
Fisher's Bishop etc. BLACK!

One of my patients says the botanic gardens at the Zoo are great. They
have a better collection of plants than animals, or so he maintains.
Google it to be sure. And maybe the SDOS might be meeting when you are
there... might be nice to see their meeting.

K Barrett
Old 13-01-2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Rob, Apart from Andy's I have bought from Pam Coites at

http://www.birdrocktropicals.com/

I see that they have moved to Encinitas, a little closer to San Diego.
Make sure you call the new phone #.
Also her partner, not sure of his name breeds paphs so ask for him.
My mentor is a paph grower hobbyist & he takes his plants to him to hybridize etc.
Have a lovely visit to S.Cal.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 13-01-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

K Barrett wrote:

See if you can visit Fred Clark! What is he... Sunset Vally Orchids??
Outside of Oceanside??? something like that. By appointment. I've been
drooling over his awards in the AQ for years now. He grows some great
mini catts and has great catasteums, like the ones on the cover of
Fisher's Bishop etc. BLACK!

One of my patients says the botanic gardens at the Zoo are great. They
have a better collection of plants than animals, or so he maintains.
Google it to be sure. And maybe the SDOS might be meeting when you are
there... might be nice to see their meeting.

K Barrett

Sunset Valley, yes. E-mailed Fred to see if he was available already.
I've ordered lots of plants from him.

Doesn't look like any of the orchid societies are meeting while I'm
there. Although they can feel free to invite me back! *grin*

Rob