Old 16-01-2006, 03:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Kiekie

I have a very happy Phal. It blooms pink flowers and now has a line
of buds on a side branch and a kiekie at the end. The kiekie is very
healthy but doesn't have any roots yet. It's about two to three inches
across. Do you let it develop roots then cut it off? Thanks for any
help.......Burr

Old 16-01-2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thank you Sue. You have a Phal. that looks like one I'm raising
from a seedling-It's about half grown now. I almost killed it by
overwatering. Lost my first Phal. to water in the dish and killed my
first Cattlea cause when it came in the mail it was a bare root. I
thought that was the way it grew so it didn't last long. Some people
send growing instuctions with their orchids-that's the way to go. So
now with your advice I won't send my kiekie to an early grave-thanks for
the help......Burr

Dend kiekie gal Orchids 1 01-07-2003 11:34 PM
Dend kiekie gal Orchids 0 29-06-2003 06:32 AM