Old 21-09-2006, 08:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Wal Mart orchid pitures

I was actually referring to the fact that the NCOS show is in 3 weeks. Your
resolve to not buy more plants can not survive it.

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
You're probably right.....I need to come and visit.

Gene

"al" wrote in message
You are not fooling anybody. You
can't go 4 weeks from today without picking up another plant, I'm sure of
it.

Old 22-09-2006, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I will not buy any more plants....I will not buy any more plants....I don't
have any room for plants.
Where's that catalog? I'll just look at the pictures.

Yes, I know I will probably find something that I MUST have at the show. It
will kill me.

Today I brought the Vandas into the greenhouse. Roots hanging everywhere.
On the bright side I have a few starting to spike. Still have the
Cymbidiums and two other large plants. Guess there's no room for any non
orchids this year in the greenhouse

Gene

Old 25-09-2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:22:46 -0400, Rob
wrote:
I think of it as more of a constant, like the speed of light... No
traffic cops enforcing it, but it must be obeyed.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

We just got back from Chicagoland Festival. I told John we would stop
in Madison (visit Mom's 90 year old friends) and visit Chuck Ackers
then pick up our order from Andy and a any tiny think that was Cute
from Natt's... One small box was all we needed.
He packed 2 peach lugs that opened to 4 strong boxes when each is
lined with a plastic bag they protect and carry lots - It was cool
40's at night.
We visited Chuck - ...(6 phrags.) and were off to Oak Hill -
Andy was at Oak Hill (4 Bulbos and a Phal) with Cal Orchids in the
extension..(an Angraecum & an Aeridies) Andrea Niessen (Orquideas Del
Valle) was in the back gh - only a Lockhartia. Water Orchids was
scheduled but their shipment got held up -- who knows where. We never
got to see their stuff. They are scheduled into Denver Oct 14th.
We will not mention the Phals ( I have a new set of 3 shelves under
lights) from Greg and Leisle.
Off to Windsong - Hoosier was there with Ecquegenera - (Just a Phal
from Windsong)
On to Natt's (a couple 3 Vandaecous - and a white Paph).
Finally Hausermann's & Fox Valley - a cute little Vasco and Phal -
More than 1/2 the house was Phals - I have never seen so many plants
that were not standard Catts in the gh. They were also moving walls
and rearranging the layout. The collection of flasks was out where
the big catts used to start. They had a nursery (garden plants) in
the old flask house.
A change she is in the air.

Rob stuck again.
SuE