Old 13-11-2006, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default The best kind of advertizing...

Have any of you seen the "No Longer a Killer" article in the November AOS
ORCHIDS mag? You would not believe the number of orders it has sparked.

Of course, it had to hit when 1) I had a dead PC, 2) I was out-of-town for
a week, 3) I was running low on K-L-N, and 4) Dyna-Gro moved and their
production wasn't running.

If you haven't seen it and would like to read it, I have a link to a PDF
posted under the S/H section of the website.
--
..
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and lots of free info!

Old 13-11-2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

i've got a sharry baby that will *not* grow; may finally have to give
this a try.

--j_a

Old 14-11-2006, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Though I haven't killed any yet, I do have a few that won't die and won't
grow. I'll have to put your S/H method to the test.

Old 14-11-2006, 12:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

There's nothing magic about semi-hydro culture.

If you've got some stagnant plants, I'd bet you've got some light,
nutrition, and/or temperature issues. S/H may help with the nutrition if
you follow the feeding and watering regimen well, but it'll do nothing about
the other aspects.

--
..
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and lots of free info!

. com...

Old 14-11-2006, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The stagnant ones are mostly rescue plants - Phals - that just can't seem to
snap back. They are growing alongside other ones that are flourishing and
even a few have spikes.

.
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, and lots of free info!

. com...