Old 07-12-2006, 12:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Photo copyright violations - help!

Mick Fournier wrote:
Tennis,

When I drove back home I felt so much better after this exercise of
aggressive behavior against that ******* Moldovan. I would suggest the same
thing for you also to ease your concern... unless of course you don't have
any toys to relive your frustration ...

Why would you want to relive them?

J. Del Col

Old 07-12-2006, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I just ran across www.mombu.com, which seems to have sucked a lot of the
pictures from a.b.p.o. and stuck them into their orchid forum as if we
posted them there.
-danny

Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

danny wrote:
I just ran across www.mombu.com, which seems to have sucked a lot of the
pictures from a.b.p.o. and stuck them into their orchid forum as if we
posted them there.
-danny

wow. that's..... just creepy.

--j_a

Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

They seem not to have pulled anthing since Oct. 30. Notice that in the
orchid section the only area that has any posts is the photo area. Why even
bother if nobody's there?

Diana

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old 08-12-2006, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

J. Del Col,

Actually I don't relive them. To be truthful I could give a rat's ass if
any of my pictures get swiped. Anything in life is worth more than fretting
over some stupid stolen orchid pictures on the Internet. In my case I look
at this way... ultimately it's good advertisement for my website (HBI,
Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask, www.OrchidFlask.com ) as people do
Google photo searches to find the real flower photo and the "source".

Even if only one in ten of those sophisticated photo searchers eventually
hit/land on my website then I scored a new customer that I would not have
had before and I can out and buy even more expensive toys after the flasks
sale to them... toys to help me forget better about who is swiping orchid
photos and who is whining about stolen photos on the Internet. In my mind
those photo thieves are actually working for me by planting the visual seed
of desire in someone's heart on the other side of the planet. Although in
the case of Italy it takes more under-the-table payoffs to the customs
people there than I am going to pay so I could care even less about the
Italian orchid photo thieves first mentioned in this thread.

Mick

==========================

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 10-12-2006, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

That is weird. I'm looking at the thread Ray started over 2 months ago
about top posting and it's dated as December 7th. That was on RGO as I
recall and it shows the replies including 2 of mine.

Maybe they don't want it to look like nobody is using their forum so
they import messages from here to make it look busy.

Now that I think about it, it's kind of stupid to import a discussion of
top posting vs bottom posting into a forum that seems to never quote the

Steve

Diana Kulaga wrote:
They seem not to have pulled anthing since Oct. 30. Notice that in the
orchid section the only area that has any posts is the photo area. Why even
bother if nobody's there?

Diana

wrote in message
ups.com...

danny wrote:

I just ran across www.mombu.com, which seems to have sucked a lot of the
pictures from a.b.p.o. and stuck them into their orchid forum as if we
posted them there.
-danny

wow. that's..... just creepy.

--j_a

Scotts Miracle-Glo Company to pay for Pesticide Violations willshak Lawns 0 10-09-2012 09:10 PM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations bluegill phil Ponds 1 15-10-2004 12:51 AM
Copyright Ray Orchids 6 13-01-2004 02:33 AM
[IBC] Art (bonsai included) and copyright protection Luis Fontanills Bonsai 0 17-08-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] Art (bonsai included) and copyright protection Luis Fontanills Bonsai 0 17-08-2003 01:22 PM