Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
rajiv

Default pod abortion

hi all:

A few months back i crossed two of my favorite phals. The result was a
nice fat green pod which was developing quiet nicely. A couple of days
back, i noticed the pod turning yellow and today it had fallen down.
On enquiry i heard that it was a case of pod abortion.

What i am curious is , if anyone would tell me, the reasons for
abortion after 60 odd days of growth and development under the same
climatic conditions. i would have thought a pod could abort if the
plant was stressed or if there was sudden fluctuations in growing
condions, none of which happened in my case.

Also is this condition common in orchids?

Thanks all.

Rajiv

Differences between 6-pod and 7-pod aero gardens Chuck Olson Lawns 1 14-07-2009 01:06 AM
Amnesty International UK Support Abortion Despite Oppositionfrom Members Old Codger United Kingdom 1 20-06-2007 08:13 PM
Good Abortion Story Gantz Ponds 0 07-06-2005 11:54 AM
Teens and Abortion; Hand in Hand?: Is It the Answer? Michael Calwell Ponds 12 20-05-2005 02:00 AM